wApr 23, 2007


I'll show you my strength now / I'll show you my love now

HOLD ON, IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST. There is a new trailer out for the fifth Harry Potter movie, Order of the Phoenix. Thus far, I haven't cared for the Harry Potter movies too much despite loving the books. Still, OotP was my favorite. Everyone complains about Harry's angst, but you know, he had good reasons for his angst in this one, and really, the majority of the Badass Action goes down in this book. Plus, Luna arrives on the scene, and what more could you ask for? The movie looks pretty sweet. ALSO, Helena Bonham Carter will be Bellatrix, and yeah. I'm sold. Some time before the 7th books is released, I will find all my own entries with theories and make a list or something.

My room is a mess, and I feel like a complete slob. I can tell that finals are drawing near because I keep having drawn-out papers due. I finished my Lord of the Rings paper for tomorrow, but will then spend all of tomorrow working on the paper due Tuesday. I don't have time to work ahead, let alone stay on top of my readings. I'm glad to be going home this weekend. I need time out of this room, even if I'll still be chained to my homework.

The farmer's market on Saturday was nice. I think that I got a little more tan without burning. Today, I've felt sickly and weak all day, which is pretty annoying, but will probably be even moreso tomorrow when I'm not lying around writing on my laptop all day.

I really like the latest opening sequence for the anime NANA. It seems like it's taking forever for new episodes to get subbed, so I was really excited when two were released this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone else who watches this anime, or reads the manga, so I won't bother with fangirl squee.

Every time I read an xkcd comic, I swear that the artist can read my mind.

On to what's interactive! Somebody mooched a book from me on Bookmooch.com, which means it's time for you all to help me decide what to mooch. Here are your options (these are not the only books I want to own, but rather ones that are available on Bookmooch RIGHT NOW):
Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Star Wars: A New Hope, Volume 3 manga by Hisao Tamaki (I already have 1, and one volume each from Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi)
Star Wars: A New Hope, Volume 4 manga by Hisao Tamaki
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Lastly, if it could stop raining, that would be GREAT because for it to be temperate up here when it's anything more than 60F, my windows must be open.

Lastly for reals, an online quiz, because I don't do them very often and this one is TEH IN-DEPTH. The descriptions on the page are pretty accurate, so get excited. Or something.






Current Music: LUCY - Anna Tsuchiya Inspi' Nana (Black Stones)

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:35 AM
6 comments
6 Comments:

I have read all those except the manga, and handmaid's tale is definitely my favorite. Beauty is certainly not my favorite mckinley book.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 4:09 AM, April 23, 2007  

Thank you, good to know! I haven't read any Robin McKinley, so I guess my first experience should be a good one. I haven't seen Deerskin available on Bookmooch for a while, but I hope to borrow it from the library at some point during the summer.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 8:32 AM, April 23, 2007  

I have yet to read the fifth Harry Potter book. I probably should do that sometime because I've heard consistantly that the fifth is the best. >)

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:15 AM, April 23, 2007  

I agree with Gretchen...go for Handmaid's Tale. I just realized that the McKinley book was on my list of things to read too...so maybe i'll put that one off for awhile.

Miss you!

By Blogger Jenny, at 11:58 AM, April 23, 2007  

Me and my friend watch Nana very enthusiastically... Which means a lot of squealing and exclamations of "Why are you doing that?"

I hope Ureeshi will sub the episodes faster than IYF and since they already did 39 too, they might keep up the pace.

By Blogger Karin, at 3:53 AM, April 24, 2007  

Ooooh, you are lucky - I really feel like it is a show best watched with others. It's good to know that I have at least one reader who keeps up with the series! Perhaps in the future, if I have commentary, I'll provide it.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:08 PM, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment