wOct 8, 2008


Book Meme. I'm ignoring manga for the purposes of this meme.

Meme taken from Megan B Moore.

1. Favourite Book? I don't know how to answer this question, but I can provide the list I have on Facebook, :D
The Blind Assassin, White Teeth, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, China Mountain Zhang, Snow Crash, Princess Academy, The Stand, Lincoln's Melancholy, The Bell Jar, Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, Lullaby, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Gone With the Wind, To Kill A Mockingbird, Les Miserables, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Fahrenheit 451, The Golden Compass, Caddie Woodlawn, The Scarlet Letter, Neverwhere

2. Favourite Author? Chuck Palahniuk, Nathaniel Hawthorne, the Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, Neil Gaiman, and I guess all the people who wrote my favorite books

3. Favourite Genre? Science fiction or general fiction. I tend to loathe fantasy.

4. Favourite series of books? Little House on the Prairie, Animorphs, Tales of the Otori, Harry Potter, The Dark Tower, Lord of the Rings, Redwall (in order of publication before The Outcast of Redwall)

5. Favourite Illustrator? Garth Williams? And the lady who illustrated Harry Potter.

6. Favourite book from when you were little? *cough* those are still current favorites....Little House on the Prairie, Gone With the Wind, Redwall, Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles

7. Favourite Hero? Most of my heroes come from real life, TV shows, or anime. But I guess Laura Ingalls Wilder has been my favorite hero since an impressionable age.

8. Favourite Villain? None, I hated villains, and I hated when the storyline went to them in novels.

9. Favourite couple? Rhett/Scarlett. I tend to not care for romances in books. TV, movies, and anime, it's okay. Books = meh.

10. Favourite Character? The protagonists from all my favorite books?

5 Lasts

1. Last book you bought? Huh. Latest actual purchase was The Prophecy by K.A. Applegate for $1. It's an Animorphs book.

2. Last book you were given? I just got the second volume of Celestial Legend Ceres through BookMooch.

3. Last book you pre-ordered? I don't pre-order books. I usually don't even buy books new, unless they're manga.

4. Last book you loved? Octavia Butler's Dawn was okay (didn't like Adulthood Rites; about to start the third one). I can't remember everything I've read recently, so I'll go with The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

5. Last book you hated? Yeah, I really didn't care for Butler's Adulthood Rites. I'll probably blog about the trilogy before Book Club meets.

3 dos


1.Do you read part of your current book every day? Yes. I usually have multiple current books.

2. Do you stick to one genre of books or do you jump around? No, I try to jump around. I guess my main-stays are general fiction and science fiction, though.

3. Do you review all the books you read on LJ? No, but I try to keep my booklog updated (it is woefully NOT at the moment, so I won't link to it!)

1 If
1. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only take one book with you, which book would you choose?
The Bible.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 7:23 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment