wFeb 21, 2008


MEMAGE

Anime meme from tigrin

1. Pick 10 of your favorite anime.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each anime.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the title once it's guessed.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions to answer!

1. There are no such things as miracles. (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

2. Survival of the fittest is the law of nature. We decieve or we are deceived. Thus, we flourish or perish. Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others. That is the lesson. (Cowboy Bebop)

3. The terrifying moldy bread incident! In elementary school, A's leftover bread started rotting inside her desk! You can't imagine what happened! Not only that, but the mold had a will of its own, it was terrible! Barricading ourselves in the science prep room, we used spirit lamps and engaged in combat! Then I realized it!! If we only had the bottle of mildew remover from the bathroom, we could destroy them!! (Azumanga Daioh)

4. Those who accept their fate find happiness; those who defy it, glory. (This is actually the series' tagline, I'm not sure if it's said in the series itself.) (Princess Tutu)

5. A: Hey, what's in the other refrigerator?
B: Oh, don't bother him! He's probably still sleeping!
(Neon Genesis Evangelion)

6. When I was certain he was going to kill me, my mind went blank, and I didn't have any hope anymore. All I could do was scream my lungs out. I felt so helpless, I couldn't even bring myself to believe someone might save me. And then you showed up, A, and I realized that if we don't take care of each other then no one else will. (Fullmetal Alchemist)

7. I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds. (Trigun)

8. A: He doesn't understand the meaning of "restraint."
B: Kiss my ass.
(Samurai Champloo)

9. What a terrible story. But appropriate for our world. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking over a giant pile of shit.

10. You might also add fear of horror movies, fear of ghost storytelling, fear of suddenly getting scared from behind, and fear of TV commercials about horror movies. What is it with those, anyway? I really do not like them airing those segments without any warnings. What's become of the rights of the cowards?

EDIT: Some answers have been guessed in the comments of my LiveJournal. SO. I'm not arbitrarily crossing things out and giving answers.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 2:09 PM
11 comments
11 Comments:

Man, those are great obscure quotes! The only one I know is #1 - Revolutionary Girl Utena, quoting Nanami. I imagine I've seen more of the shows on your list, I just don't remember any of these lines.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM, February 22, 2008  

You are correct on #1!!

And you are correct on the latter part as well - you've definitely seen some of these.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:14 AM, February 22, 2008  

The moldy bread incident is Azumanga Daioh! I don't think you could quote anything from that show that wouldn't give it away!

By Blogger Steph, at 1:12 PM, February 23, 2008  

You are correct, Steffles!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:41 PM, February 23, 2008  

Hey, is #8 Cowboy Bebop?

Also, #9 sounds kind of like Princess Tutu, but I can't imagine them using the word "shit".

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM, February 25, 2008  

#8: Almost, but not quite!

#9: You're right, it's not Princess Tutu. This series is very....not Princess Tutu.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:20 PM, February 25, 2008  

#8: Almost, but not quite!

#9: You're right, it's not Princess Tutu. This series is very....not Princess Tutu.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:20 PM, February 25, 2008  

Ahhh, #2 is Bebop isn't it? From Toys in the Attic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 PM, February 27, 2008  

Yes!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 7:18 PM, February 27, 2008  

I do believe that #4 is Princess TuTu... It is said by Edel.

Is #8 Samuari Champloo? It sounds like something Jin would say...


This is Lelah btw.

By Blogger Frankie, at 4:08 PM, February 29, 2008  

You are right on both counts!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 5:27 PM, February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment