wJul 26, 2007


my wish on a wing, and i'll send it up to you

Today was better than yesterday in terms of angst, so I guess that's good. Today at work, I got to go all the way up to the very top of the dome of the Capitol because my boss was giving a tour to a co-worker's family. It was so amazing. Inside of the rotunda, we were underneath the mural that you can see from the middle of the inside of the Capitol. I could have reached out and touched it, if I wanted to. Then, we went up to the topmost balcony and looked around outside. We were up much higher than when we were on the Observation Deck for the Fourth of July. Everyone looked so tiny from up there. We also looked at a ventilation grate that my boss said had been there since the Capitol was rebuilt in 1907 (or 1917, whatever). A lot of people had scratched their initials into the metal. Someone had written their name and the year 1933. I didn't have any sharp objects, so opted to carve in my last name and first initial, along with the year, with my ring.

Tomorrow, Antoine and I will be driving all the way Up North, bringing my friend Jenny along from here to Green Bay (and then continuing further north alone). I've downloaded the audio book version of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass since we have so much driving ahead of us. Also, it's a pretty cool version - Pullman himself is the narrator, with a full cast for each of the characters. Sweet.

And, you know, there's the lake and the family and the Up North-ness of it all. I wish it wasn't so far away. I would go there every weekend.

Harry Potter. Because we will never be satiated.
Was the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows not enough for you? J.K. Rowling gives some more information about what happens after the books end. Obvious spoilers for DH are there.

Deathly Hallows fanart by Makani. Mild spoilers in the images (new character shown, plus one of the most amusing scenes in the book).

Okay, I have never been into slash before, but there are a couple of situations in this book (and I guess before, too - Sirius/Remus = probable) where it just makes so much sense. I love this couple! I won't say the names, 'cause it's a fairly big spoiler!

Fanfic and fanart for "The Rules of Being a Godson." Again, to give the pairing would be to give major spoilers, so I won't do it!

Lastly, J.K. Rowling reveals the character who was slated to die in Deathly Hallows and didn't, and also that she does plan to publish a Harry Potter encyclopedia. And the fandom rejoiced.

Current Music: Idea - eufonius

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:59 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

OMG, the "Rules of Being A Godson" is like my favorite thing ever.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 10:18 AM, July 29, 2007  

Also, Jaci and I were just listening to the Golden Compass audio- it's really really good, and now I'm all sucked in again. Those books are SO good... I hope you have fun up north!

By Blogger Gretchen, at 11:43 AM, July 29, 2007  

Post a Comment