wMay 15, 2007


annnnnd sleeping.

Thanks to Ryan, Chad, and Kristen for reading my Anne Frank paper for me! And to Gretchen and Kristen: Possibly I'll be emailing you guys my feminist sci-fi paper on Thursday or something? Life is kind of omgwtf right now.

I've been awake for a long time now, so I think I should follow boyfriend Antoine's advice and go to sleep soon. Antoine is such a good boyfriend! Or, at least, he is very understanding of finals time and my whiny-ness. Although, I whine a lot outside of finals too, so I guess that he has practice. Poor Antoine. Let us pity him for all that he puts up with.

My Shakespeare final was this morning at 7:45am, so I have now reached the point at which I am finished with more classes than I am not (3:2). And I'll be done with another one tomorrow night whether I'm ready or not: my 19th Century Scandinavian Writers final is due tomorrow at midnight. Sooooo I should hurry up and write so that I can wake up and write all morning before work.

During finals week, you get linkspam. It's just the way it is.

Speaking of work! Wisconsin Eye, Wisconsin's own version of C-SPAN is premiering this week. Watch your state senators at work! More importantly, watch me in the background! The Senate is in session tomorrow, so I think I might end up being recorded at some point. I usually sit between the Majority and Minority Leaders when we're all in the chambers, so I'll probably get on. In typical OMG LOOK AT ME!!!11eleventy fashion, I'm sure I'll give you all a link and tell you at which place you should drag your mouse to. For now, you can watch today's Joint Finance Committee session.

The Grey's Anatomy spin-off is apparently a go. I haven't had time to catch up for the last couple weeks, so I have yet to see what counted as Addison's "pilot," episode, but if they made her into some doll falling into men's arms and lost without a sexual partner instead of the strong, independent woman she is on Grey's, so help me God.....

Ann Althouse, UW Law professor and writer of the only political blog I regularly read, has made a post about the new Sundance theater that has recently opened up in Madison. I found the Zen garden to be the most hilarious.

Tanja has a 3-page comic on how not to be an ass when someone tells you that they are in an open relationship.

Neil Gaiman posts pictures from Alan Moore's wedding in his blog. OMG HIS BOWLER HAT IS SO BADASS!

Lastly....you didn't think I wouldn't make at least some comment about this, did you? Jerry Falwell is dead. Supposedly, it's bad to speak ill of the dead. So, I won't. Instead, here is my tribute to Jerry Falwell and his politics, in his own words:
"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
"It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening."
"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."
"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."
"The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."


Current Music: Hachi Gatsu no Serenade - Suga Shikao

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:21 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

"boyfriend Antoine," is he different from the other Antoine?

Gordon is a good fiance, too, today he was almost too busy to answer the phone and yet he dropped everything he was doing to drive me to the grocery store to get tampons in the half hour before my paper was due. A+! He even offered to get them FOR me. Now that's a real man!

I can't help but feel like the world is a better place without the hatred Jerry Falwell spewed. I know it sounds horrible, but it's probably true.

By Blogger Steph, at 12:54 AM, May 16, 2007  

No, there is only one Antoine in my life! However, I've always found it really annoying that some bloggers will throw around 50 first names and just expect you to know who they are. It's really annoying for first-time readers. Also, I haven't updated my "Who's Who" page in over a year, :D

lolz, Gordon buying tampons.

It is so totally true.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 7:21 AM, May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment