wFeb 10, 2007


i can only give you everything i've got

I feel pretty amazing right now. This week has been pretty crazy in terms of changes, but I think it's all for the better. Firstly, I'll start with myself - I got the job that I interviewed for on Friday. I'm now a member of the Senate messenger staff. It's kind of an everything-job - they respond to needs of the Senate and their staffs, so I'll be staffing committee meetings and debates on the floor. Additionally, members of the staff get paid an hourly wage for their work. I'm pretty elated about it, although that's probably about all that I'll write about in a public blog on the Internet. Anyone could be reading, and etc. I don't even know why I was so hell-bent on getting it. I haven't a job for any of the previous 5 semesters that I've been in college. I guess that once I fix my mind on attaining some sort of status, I don't feel satisfied until I get there. So now, 3 days a week, I'll be working at the state Capitol! Chad laughed at me because 2 days of the week, I have to be there at 8:00am. I think it's worth it. Unlike class, which I don't get paid to get up early for, there will now be monetary incentives, :)

What else changed? Antoine has quit grad school due to being unsatisfied. According to him, he should be getting a Master's Degree in May. Right now he's busy applying for jobs, so it's a bit of a transition period.
Chad got accepted to one of the law schools he applied to and received a scholarship, so though he doesn't know where he's going yet, he'll be going somewhere. I was pissed at him because his good news kind of outshone mine, hehe.

What else? Last night, there was a huge multi-player game of Civilizations IV: Warlords on Chad's computer, with Antoine, Chad, Louise, her boyfriend Patrick, and me all playing. It was pretty awesome. Now it's Saturday and I'm getting ready to spend the evening at Anime Club, and after that either going to a party or coming back here for some more Civ. Gretchen and I are watching the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet tomorrow morning, and then I'll have the rest of the day to work on my homework (reading! Lots!).
I'm a bit apprehensive for Anime Club because some marketing research grad students contacted me via email and want to meet with me an hour before Club to "learn more about anime." They didn't explain why they needed to, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Luckily, friends of mine will be there with me anyway, so if they're kind of weird, I won't die.

Wahhhh, I haven't had time yet to catch up on The Office or Grey's Anatomy (although Grey's was streaming on a computer at the Cardinal office this week, so I watched the first/last 5 minutes and know what happens.....to Meredith anyway, :O)! Hopefully I can do that tomorrow because I'm dying to see Phyllis' wedding and the bombing Grey's. Grey's has been growing more disappointing with time - I like *watching* the characters most of the time, but it seems like the only one I feel particularly attached to is Izzie. I was upset with the marriage storylines, but it's TV, so I shouldn't care too much.

Oh! And my first book came through BookMooch, so that's cool (except I don't have any time to read it). No one seems to be biting at the rest of my inventory, though. I hope someone does eventually. I need to get rid of lots of books!

Current Music: Make This Go On Forever - Snow Patrol

Labels: , , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 3:51 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

You won't like the office. Just to warn you.

By Blogger Dave, at 12:06 AM, February 11, 2007  

;_; Now I'm going to worry about it all day!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 8:40 AM, February 11, 2007  

YOU WHORE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to you and CHad! And for your boy toy, I hope the best for him!

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:35 PM, February 11, 2007  

Post a Comment