wDec 29, 2006


Well, it's been 4 days....

....and I do swear that at some point, I'll upload pictures of amusing presents I received for you all to look at. A lot of people on my LiveJournal friends list have posted lists of everything they got for Christmas. I didn't really ask for anything specific, but I've received useful things, funny things, and a couple random books that I wasn't expecting, but still love.

I know that I haven't blogged in a while, but I guess I really haven't had that much to say. I almost blogged Tuesday night after a very rage-related incident at the part-time job I have in a store, but common sense prevailed at the last second, and I didn't post it.

Life is stagnant here at home. Seeing people I haven't seen in a long time is nice, but overall, life is insufferably boring. I work a few days per week at my job - I'm grateful to get money (my wage isn't much, but it's something), so thus far I've been able to handle my infrequent shifts. I've been reading a lot and watching some anime, and peppering most nights with spending time with high school friends or family (or both). It's really nice to stay in my pajamas until 2:00 pm, which is what I'm doing right now. I've also been trying to figure out the status of this internship I'm trying to get for next semester. We'll see what happens, but I'm pretty determined, so hopefully things work out.

I watched the first 4 episodes of the anime series Haibane Renmei with Ryan and Dave, and all three of us were unimpressed. Still, I had rented all 4 DVDs from the library and I've since finished the 13-episode series by myself. It did redeem itself in that the characters became interesting enough that I cared about that. The plot is essentially a story about salvation and friendship. The art style is nice, too. Overall, I liked the series, but not enough to go out of my way to recommend it to friends. Watch it if you get the chance, but there are much better series out there.

The 32nd episode of the anime NANA was subbed, so I've seen that. However, in the last couple of episodes, a new plot line has been introduced that has made things almost disgustingly melodramatic. I'm too attached to both the characters and the music to abandon the series now, so I'm really hoping that it will redeem itself. Still, I adored the series up until this point, and would recommend both it and its manga counterpart to anyone looking to start up something new.

Also, I'm closing in on the anime series about the French Revolution, Rose of Versailles, so look for a more detailed synopsis of that once it's over! I enjoy watching it, and I learn about French history at the same time! It's a win.

Anyway, I'm off to take a shower now. Perhaps afterward, I'll be active enough to change my sheets, go to the bank, peruse some book stores, and stop in by some places that sell used DVDs and check for anime. Of course, I could also lay on the couch and watch more Sailor Moon, or finish my book. We'll see, ;)

Labels: , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 2:09 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment