wOct 22, 2006


A Really Long Post for Dave to Read at Work Tomorrow

YES, THIS IS THE LONGEST POST EVER and I don't care. Because these are the thoughts that I have wanted to blog in small, daily entries since like, Thursday, but haven't had time to do. So, you get them all at once. So sorry, so sad, too bad!

On Friday, I ended up skipping the "Book Fashion" show I had mentioned a few entries ago. I sat looking at my messy room, thinking about all of the cleaning and homework that I had to do, and opted not to go. Instead, I laid face down in my bed and woke up disoriented around 7:00, obviously having got nothing done. I freaked out trying to put together this Battlestar Galactica episode that I had found on the Internet, but it was broken in to 18 different .rar files that I could not get put back together. Luckily, Antoine came to my rescue by being able to transfer a different version right on to my computer. So, some time, hopefully soon, I will finally get to watch BSG from the last two weeks! It was basically a two-hour episode, though, so maybe it's actually good that I didn't have to wait a week between viewings.

Instead of loafing about all night, I rounded up Louise and Creighton in my car, and we went over to Antoine's to watch "Brick" with him and his friend Erik. It was such a good movie! I can't recommend it enough. If you're looking to rent a good movie, you should definitely rent this one. The dialogue was excellent and intelligent. It's basically a crime syndicate mystery movie, except that all of the characters are in high school, which makes for some pretty hilarious scenes. Here is some dialogue for you to enjoy:
Laura: [On the phone with Brendan] Who is this?
Brendan Frye: I won't waste your time: you don't know me.
Laura: I know everyone, and I have all the time in the world.
Brendan Frye: Ah, the folly of youth.

Brad Bramish: Oh yeah?
Brendan Frye: Yeah.
Brad Bramish: Oh yeah?
Brendan Frye: Yeah.
Brad Bramish: Yeah?
Brendan Frye: There's a thesaurus in the library. Yeah is under "Y". Go ahead, I'll wait.


Saturday as a whole was pretty intense. I woke up early after staying up late (see: my last post. I will post more coherently about it at a future time, but basically: various organizations in the University got together and came up with a bunch of heinous rules that Student Orgs have to follow on both Friday and Saturday night of the coming week, due to the rioting/silliness that occurs on State Street from Halloween celebrations. So basically, for providing a non-alcoholic alternative of harmless people watching Japanese cartoons on a big screen, we got screwed. As infurirating as that is, I was even more pissed that they waited until 10:30 pm on Friday to bother to email me and inform me of their heinous rules), and went to the Farmer's Market at Capitol Square and purchased scones and vegetables and cheese. Then, I went to the Ghost Hunter panel that was part of the Wisconsin Book Festival (I'll be blogging about all three of the events I went to, and put them together - either on here or in my LiveJournal - for you to read).

After THAT....I went to Memorial Library from 12:30-4:30 and did homework the entire time (except when I went up to the 6th floor and found 7 books of ghost stories to check out), until going to Anime Club. Despite the fact that we got inexplicably screwed out of our normal room this week, Club went nicely. We watched the first 4 episodes of Rose of Versailles, and I absolutely loved it. What can I say, I've got a thing for women who dress like men and kick ass. Also, the series takes place before and during the French Revolution, so people like Marie Antoinette get to be main characters, which is kind of kickass.

After that, I went to Antoine's. We watched the last episode of Honey & Clover, and I totally cried. I'm such a whore. Today, I was finally showered at like, 1:30 pm. Did I do homework? No. I have a lot of cleaning that needs to get done, as well as readings that need to be caught up on. As well as Battlestar to be watched! But I'm sick of not doing fun things in favor of homework, so after a bit of angsting, I went through with my plan to go see Neil Gaiman (and Peter Straub, and some other dude) and the Orpheum Theatre, and I'm really glad I went.

Kristen and I ate dinner at Real Chili (she was with me at the Neil Gaiman thing), and now I'm at Memorial Library. It was pretty hilarious because I stopped in the restroom before the Info Lab, and upon entering, I couldn't find her. I circled the room and finally sat down in a chair in the back corner. Being the genius that I am, I decided to email her and tell her where I was. 5 minutes later, she stood up, and both of us realized she was just on the opposite row that I was, sitting about two seats kitty-corner to me. She is now sitting right next to me, and we are chatting on AIM and pretending that we're not in the same room. Oh, Internets. Endless amusement.

Creighton and Antoine both got me into this online comic called "xkcd" that is a lot of fun. I find the writer to be both hilarious and intelligent. Anyway, his latest comic makes a perfect illustration of what happens when a group of friends go to the movies! It's like, an exact diagram of middle school and high school. Even a couple months ago, right before Antoine and I started dating and before we were both like, "Dude, I like you!" "OMF, me too!", we went to Snakes on a Plane with our friends. Somehow, Gordon and Steph got between Antoine and I. And I was like, WTF, noes. So I made them get up and let me sit by Antoine. I think I said it was "so that it would be easier to pass the popcorn" (Steph and Gordon were sharing their own bucket for dinner, while the other 6 of us shared a bucket). I don't stand for shit that is not socially optimal! At least, not for me. :D

If any of you guys are fans of NBC's show "The Office," you should read Pam's (or, really, the actress who plays her - yes, it's really her!) blog! It's right here. I think it's the only thing I read on MySpace. Her entries are so funny, though! She has good insights into her character, and why Pam and Jim didn't speak to each other for so long, and etc. Plus, her latest entry has commentary about her favorite new stapler. Heehee.

Grey's Anatomy fangirls have been going crazy the last couple of days because of wild rumors on the Internet. The rumor is that actor Isaiah Washington (Dr. Preston Burke) got in a fight with actor Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Derek Shepherd/McDreamy). According to the rumor, Washington grabbed Dempsey by the throat, saying, "I'm not your little faggot like (name deleted)." THEN, actor T.R. Knight (Intern Dr. George O'Malley) just released a statement through People or something confirming that he is, in fact, gay.
Fangirls: OMG, McDreamy was defending George's honor!
Then, with Burke's current storyline, people are speculating that his character will be written off of the show. :O

And lastly, a pointless post from a Battlestar Galactica community that Ryan will enjoy very much. I hope you're having fun in Green Bay, Ryan!

Skidboot is my new favorite dog. I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ALMOST CRIED.

Current Music: People typing a lot

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:11 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Alright, you remembered to post it!!

I'm intentionally not reading this tonight. Except I did read the part about The Office because I wanted to know what you were talking about.

By Blogger Dave, at 11:44 PM, October 22, 2006  

Um, I'm pretty sure I never sat down and I was already telling Gordon to get up when you came up with the popcorn sharing excuse.

By Blogger Steph, at 6:27 PM, October 23, 2006  

Jackie!!! We never had our bitchfest this weekend. Definitly need an IOU on that! Nice post as usual and I enjoyed the LJ link.

BYE BYE!

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:27 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment