wAug 12, 2006


Pwn.

Excitement
I'm so damn excited that I'm finished with that paper. I mean, it was kind of fun to write and I'm proud that I was able to write a paper that was 5,875 words long, but it's really nice to have it done with. So, what did I do with my first night of no more working (I still work at ShopKo today, but that almost doesn't count!):
  • I watched two episodes of West Wing (I referenced this show in my paper, haha!).
  • I cleaned my room (mostly).
  • I was able to make a coherent and organized blog post for your reading pleasure, with apologies for the last week's worth of incoherency and arm-flailing.
  • After being consoled by Antoine that books are cheaper than heroin (I'm trying to quit buying books!), I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the second volume of Brilliance of the Moon (last Tale of the Otori book, woohoo!) with a 15% off coupon I had in addition to the 10% off I already get.
  • I updated my computer's codecs. Well, I was excited.
  • I put the first check for the rent on the house in Madison in the mail.

Dentist Horror
Yeah, I got those two fillings done Wednesday morning. Now, I hate getting my teeth cleaned because I absolutely can not stand 1) somebody coming into physical contact with me for that length of time 2) the scraping/griding/AHHHHH on my teeth.
So, I didn't care about the 'prick' thing at all, that they first do to numb your gums. I was totally okay with that. It was when the tools were vibrating against my teeth and the head rest hurt like a mother so I kept trying to adjust and the dentist would say, "Chin UP, please!" about 8 million times depite my looks of pure hatred. I don't know if I ever wanted to kill somebody as much as I did when I was lying in that chair closing my eyes and trying to think about anime or something so that I wasn't thinking about the people with tools inside of my mouth. It sucked. I have been brushing/flossing like nobody's business ever since.

Fall Semester
I'm still signed up for 16 credits even though I'll probably end up taking 13. I don't need to take more than 4 classes right now, and it was pure luck that 3 of them happened to be worth 3 credits each. I thought that maybe I could pull it off, but then I was looking up which books I need at the UW Bookstore online, and realized that if I take all 3 of those English classes at once, I will die. I also need to make sure that this Political Science course I'm signed up for is one that I really, really want to take. I mean, Elections and Voting Behavior sounds like it would be a cool class, but it's the only one that doesn't have a book list up yet.
I don't know when I'll drop the 5th class. For whatever reason, I feel trapped only taking 13 because then it's impossible to drop a class if something goes horribly wrong for some reason. I mean, it was similarly impossible to do that when I was taking 14 credits both semester freshmen year, but for whatever reason, this never crossed my mind.

Le Chevalier D`Eon
Wow, okay, so I watched the first episode of this anime called Le Chevalier D`Eon. If you want to see pictures and such, Louise wrote a post about it in here blog here. The show is apparently based on this man who lived during the French Revolution, but served as a spy, etc. and dressed as a woman - no one knew what his real gender was, and some people liked to bet on what his/her gender was, until she died and it was determined that she was anatomically a man.
Anyway, the episode starts off kind of slow, but it's cool because the animation is great and it's these anime characters speaking Japanese, but walking around inside of Notre Dame dressed like 18th century French aristocracy. I'm pretty sure the queen in the episode is supposed to be Marie Antoinette. I remember vaguely learning about the French Revolution in Brit Lit in high school, when we read A Tale of Two Cities.
And if this anime is set up the way that I think it is....saying that some vampiric/zombie beings are actually behind the peasant uprising and slaughter of aristocracy, and the main character is a woman channeled through the body of a man who recites passages from the Bible (some of my favorite passages from Psalms, no less) while kicking ass for the glory of the King/the Queen/God, then....this series is going to be awesome.

Battlestar Galactica
Have you always been interested in Battlestar Galactica, but for one reason or another not been able to catch up on seasons 1 & 2 on DVD?
You're in luck! As copied from the official site:
Watch a refresher before season three of Battlestar Galactica begins Friday, Oct. 6, at 9/8C. SCI FI is presenting a story-recap special called Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far. The one-hour show is narrated by Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell), the Secretary of Education turned President turned resistance leader on Cylon-occupied New Caprica. Learn about humanity's costly struggle to survive against its deadliest enemy.

The special will be available on SCI FI Pulse during the entire month of September, and it will air at various times and on numerous NBC Universal channels.


The air-times are here. It'll be playing on USA, Bravo, and the SciFi Channel. It's also going to be up on SciFi Pulse for all of September, which is probably where I'll catch it.

Random
Did you guys know that Helena Bonham Carter is going to be playing Bellatrix Lestrange in the 5th Harry Potter movie? (Google Image Search) She played Marla Singer in Fight Club, among other things. I'm happy, because I think she's badass.

Everyone should love Dave, Jennifer, and Ryan, because they all read all 19 pages of my paper for me and gave me good advice and caught some glaring mistakes (I was ashamed!). What good friends you guys are.

Recently, I have realized that I love just about every song ever by both The Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, yet I own no CDs by them. What the hell.

Anyway....I'm going to go pack my lunch for my LAST SHIFT AT SHOPKO of the summer, and take care of other things. I sold two more books on Half.com, so I'm EXCITED. Also, my sister and her family have been gone since Thursday and I think it's my job to make sure that frickin' frick cat is still alive.

Is anybody in town this weekend? Kristy has gone back to school and Ryan and Chad are both gone. Jennifer, you'd better not be working tonight!

Current Music: the refrigerator's pretty loud.

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:22 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment