wOct 24, 2009


The [LJ] icon will make sense by the end of the post, I promise.

I already tend to loathe Facebook on a good day, but I'm starting to get really annoyed with the way they use their suggestions on the sidebar of the splash page.

"Friend Suggestions" are a good way for me to realize that someone who I thought was my FB friend has actually defriended me. It's also a good way for me to be reminded of people who everyone else likes, but I do not (this is mostly the case with high school people, don't freak out, LJ!).

But now they've added a "Reconnect" thing, so that if I haven't communicated with someone on Facebook in a while, they'll post their name, like, "Cordelia Chase. Reconnect with her." And it's like, WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY FOR NOT KEEPING IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH MY 337 FACEBOOK FRIENDS, as if making me feel guilty for not being friends with people I'm not friends with wasn't bad enough. Now it's not only that, but that I'm not a good enough Internet!friend to people who already are my friends!

I'm not actually upset about this emotionally, but I am extremely annoyed. I don't think that motivating people with guilt is a good way to get people to want to use your website. Wouldn't you rather have people associating your website with positive feelings?



IN OTHER NEWS, HERE IS A PSA:

Target has various TV show "bundles," in which you can get two seasons of TV on DVD for $20. This includes seasons 1 and 2 of Angel, 3 and 4 of Angel, and 1 and 2 of Buffy (although that one was $25, not sure why). There were some other shows too, but those were the best ones.

I had previously maintained that I would only own Angel season 5 on DVD, BUT I CANNOT RESIST THE ANGST OF WESLEY.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:39 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment