wSep 7, 2009


Dollhouse: Epitaph One

I'll start with the full disclosure: I'm going to continue watching Dollhouse because Alexis Denisof (Wesley Wyndam-Pryce) is joining the cast.

Tonight I watched the 13th episode of Dollhouse's first season, which did not air on FOX.

For many of you, nothing can make Dollhouse palatable. But maybe you might, if you watched this episode?

Imagine a post-apocalyptic Earth where the idea that the Dollhouse technology was used to essentially create a brothel, is laughable. The technology has created a world in which people can theoretically live forever by transferring imprints of themselves to multiple bodies. Nobody knows who's real and who's not, and people tattoo their names on their backs so that there is a way to figure out if they really are who they think they are. People run around with guns and are unshowered, and Felicia Day is a featured cast member (which, yay, love her).

To me, this was by far the strongest episode of the season, and it's a shame that FOX didn't air it. THIS EPISODE MADE ME FEEL BAD FOR TOPHER FOR 5 SECONDS. That shit is real.


I would be excited if this show pulled a BSG, and actually did the time-jump, no fake-outs, and stayed there.

The commentaries of others on LJ ring true, though. The fantastic acting of the rest of the cast (except for Helo, who frankly is not that great and reminds me of one of my cousins so I get creeped out) makes Eliza Dushku seem not so great in comparison. Specifically, I'd give shout-outs to Amy Acker, Alan Tudyk, and Dichen Lachman.

Now all that's left is the unaired pilot, and then I will be caught up on....one show.

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:24 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment