wAug 9, 2009


Technology!

Yesterday, I was a consumer-whore, and I'm okay with it.

Firstly, in the realm of cheap things, I purchased a flower vase, cheese grater, and plant shelf at St. Vincent DePaul, which were obviously cheap.

I also used a Barnes & Noble gift card that I had received for my birthday to get two xxxHolic manga.

The largest purchase, of course, was my iPod.

I ended up getting an iPod Classic. I figured that if I was going to spend $200 on a 16 GB iPod Nano, I might as well spend $50 more, and get a bigger screen and 120 GB. By the way, my laptop has about 38 GB (I am still using the same laptop I purchased the summer before going to college), so my iPod has 3 times the amount of space as my laptop!

I think that this is the most amount of money I've spent in a store at once (obviously, I spend more on rent, car insurance, etc.).

I struggled a bit with what to name the iPod. My laptop is Watanuki, being basically a house servant. My Internet connection is Himawari, so that every time my laptop (Watanuki) connects to the Internet, it says, "You are connected to Himawari." BECAUSE I AM A SAP.

So at first, I was going to name the iPod Doumeki. But then Antoine pointed out that my iPod is small and black, so I named it Black Mokona instead.

So far, for free, I have downloaded:
Episode 1 of Honey & Clover
A preview special for Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Episode 1 of Naruto: Shippuden

I am a fan of free stuff! Unfortunately, anime seems to be only available via iTunes in English dub, so that is pretty annoying. In the Honey & Clover English dub, all of the voice actors refer to each other by their first name, and it is skeeving me out. Like, "Shinobo." Yuuta Takemoto should not be calling him Shinobu, he should be calling him "Morita-sempai."

I am working on investigating podcasts next, in addition to putting my own music on it. I don't think I've ever listened to podcasts before, aside from Ron Moore's pretentious Battlestar Galactica ones.

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:45 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

This is a great site that you have here. You should be proud. I have a debate site myself and I would like to exchange links with you. We have to stick together. Let me know. Jason

By Anonymous Jason, at 6:06 PM, August 13, 2009  

Post a Comment