wJul 25, 2009


Buffy! I've also been re-reading NANA manga

Where the hell did my Buffy icons go? I need to get on that shit.

Anyway, because I think that my Buffy board game is so awesome, I started re-watching the series beginning with season 2 (I rewatched season 1 a few months ago.....or maybe like, 9 months ago. I can't remember!).

It's pretty interesting re-watching stuff having seen it through to the end, even into Season-8-comic-land.

The biggest thing that stands out to me is how much more I like Cordelia on Buffy than on Angel. HOLY CRAP, such a better character (as in, there is more than on dimension of depth).

She calls Buffy on her shit in a way that Willow, Xanders, and Giles never do, because they're afraid of being bad friends. Cordelia, though, knows that Buffy needs things said to her, and her position of popularity with other kids at school gives her the advantage of not having to care if Buffy doesn't like her just because of what she says.
I really like the way she interacts with Buffy in the first episode of the season.

CORDELIA: Buffy. You're really campaigning for bitch-of- the-year, aren't you?

BUFFY: As defending champion, you nervous?

CORDELIA: I can hold my own. You know, we've never really been close, which is nice, 'cause I don't really like you that much, but... you have on occasion saved the world and stuff, so I'm gonna... do you a favor.

BUFFY: And this great favor is...

CORDELIA: I'm gonna give you some advice. Get over it.

BUFFY: Excuse me?

CORDELIA: Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it. 'Cause pretty soon you're not even gonna have the loser friends you've got now.

BUFFY: I think it's about time you start minding your own business.

CORDELIA: It's long past.

BUFFY: (turns and goes)

CORDELIA: Nighty-night. I'll just see if Angel feels like dancing...

(she is grabbed)



I also love watching Angel and Buffy having their little lover's spat, knowing that their relationship is going to get so irrevocably fucked up in the near future....



The results of our gaming tonight (with me, , , and appropriate Significant Others:

1) Willow and Xander destroyed the Judge's Arm before he was summoned (Season 2 scenario)
2) Demon Mayor killed all of the Scoobies, although Willow held her own for a long time, considering how early Buffy was killed. (Season 3 scenario)

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:29 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment