wApr 11, 2009


Terminator: More finale thoughts

So, I was actually writing play-by-play notes last night while I watched the episode. As usual, they mostly contain caps lock. Also under the LJ-cut are links to various LJ posts and articles on the Internet.

I was talking to and yesterday about how I've never been upset about a show of mine being canceled before. Shows that ended while I watched them were already past their prime (The West Wing, Battlestar Galactica). Shows that ended while they were still good/serviceable (IMO) were already out on DVD and not airing any more when I picked them up (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Veronica Mars). So if TSCC ends up being canceled (which seems extremely likely, given the numbers), I am glad at least that it got many more episodes than Firefly. Still, there is so much ground to cover. And while I don't have much of a head for business, it seems like the release of a new Terminator movie could certainly revive interest in the franchise. Maybe a shorter third season will be announced for Spring of 2010? GETTING IN TIME FOR JUDGMENT DAY.

Also....it really bothers me that people compare the cancellation of Terminator to the cancellation of Dollhouse. Yes, I'm watching that show too, but even in the few episodes it has to tell a good story, it really...isn't. In fact, it's just uncomfortable and insulting most of the time. In my mind, the two are not comparable. Crying Whedon fans make me cringe - he really got his chance this time around, and in my mind, is blowing it.


Anyway!

OMG Joshua Malina back into original!Will Bailey mode! I LOVE HIM!

"I wanna know if being around them all the time can give you cancer." OMF John Connor is so smart! I never thought about that shit! But why wouldn't he have it, too??

I liked Sarah's conversation with the priest. AND OMG THEY BROUGHT HIM BACK. But it makes so much sense that she would believe in devils, but not really in God or faith.

11% of her mass in 6 weeks?! That seems....impossible! How can that happen?

"You're not perfect; you're a machine." BWAH!

WAIT, OMG!! THEY GOT THAT GIRL! THAT GIRL! OMG OMGOMG I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Orders from Sarah. Will they obey? No fucking way.

"Hasta luego." OMG I LOVE CAMERON!!!

LOL Ellison brought in to John Connor and his first in command. THEY ARE SO BAD-ASS. John Connor is so bad-ass!

"You've said enough, Mr. Ellison. I won't ask you again." And John is equally firm in his stare, but creeped out that Cameron is freaking out.

OMG WILL BAILEY BELIEVES HER! I LOVE WILL BAILEY!

She can't really believe that John will leave her, can she?

OMG they both said, "We'll see" - SO CREEPY

LOL John and Cameron are still heinous together. "Don't do that."
HOLY SHIT, sex and power. HOLY SHIT. WTF METAPHORS. HOLY SHIT. This sexually charged scene was probably my favorite in the entire episode. Holy crap.

And then there is John with the truck....YES I LOVE THIS FAMILY. RIGHT THROUGH THE GATE.
"Yeah, bad John Connor; GROUND ME."

And then, this conversation, with John and Sarah. Will it be their last one? THIS SHOW CANNOT BE CANCELED.

"I love you," and it's so....omg, this series. SARAH AND ELLISON EXCHANGE MADE ME CACKLE LIKE NONE OTHER.

"Will you join us?" AND SHE CLOSES THE DOOR?! WHAT THE FUCK?! NO! NOOOOO!

Of course the eel is part of her, too!

And what will cause John to freak out, in the end? Losing Cameron.

"You lying, Terminator bitch." LOL. "I'd watch who's calling who a bitch."

"He's got her chip....He's got her." WTF he goes to Cameron over his mom??? I guess he does. Poor John. On top of everything else, he's in love with metal.

OMG WILL DEREK BE HERE?? Can't the kid get some damn pants? Seriously? OMG IT'S DEREK! OMG DERK OMG I LOVE DEREK.

WTF THEY DON'T KNOW JOHN CONNOR ANY MORE. OMG IT'S KYLE REESE! OMG OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW!

OMG AND CAMERON. With a smile, of course. But the dog isn't barking....??? WTF IS GOING ON?

A spark and a crackle, and an "I love you too, John." THAT CANNOT BE THE END.




Terminator: Salvation commercial
Interesting! It's so gritty and bad-ass, and Bale somehow looks like Thomas Dekker. AND THE MOVIE IS TERMINATOR TOO. It's too bad it isn't in the same timeline as ours, though, :( STILL, I will watch that shit. Even if there is no Cameron and no Sarah.


Redefining Women's Work - coffeeandink
coffeeandink on "Adam Raise a Cain"
Josh Friedman talks the philosophy of Sarah Connor. [Pre-finale article]
The Terminator Wiki entry for this episode, which has an elaborate Q&A at the bottom of the page, in case you were at all confused, or have questions. [It helped me accept that my interpretation was wrong!]
's thoughtful post is here, which includes the finale.
An LJ post with instantaneous thoughts on the finale, plus discussion in the comments.
TV by the Numbers: Say Good-bye to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Disheartening, yes, but it also explains how awesome the show is.


If you like the show....Addresses and e-mail addresses.

ALSO....Dreamwidth is super annoying to me. I was on Blogger. I was settled there! And then I was like, okay, LiveJournal, you will be my main platform. I've been blogging for so long that moving all my posts manually and locking the private ones is taking MONTHS! And now, everyone's moving to Dreamwidth anyway, making it impossible for me to still add you people's posts to my memories. IT IS VERY IRKSOME, INTERNET.

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:31 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

*waves*

The season finale of TSCC definitely got me intrigued and excited for another season! (Please FOX!) I was definitely yelling out names as well: Derek's Alive! OMG, it's Kyle! Whoa, is that Allison or Cameron?

By Blogger anne, at 12:18 PM, April 11, 2009  

Post a Comment