wJan 9, 2009


Black Jack

Black Jack is a manga series by "God of Manga" Osamu Tezuka. Black Jack is the titular character, an enigmatic and aloof doctor who practices without a license. Thus, he doesn't practice in a hospital, but instead rents himself out for exorbitant prices to perform highly complex and often improbable procedures. Basically, he is a bad-ass doctor. But don't let his gruff exterior fool you! He has a heart of gold, and often does what he can to help poor/nice people, over rich bastards.

Black Jack is the most accessible Tezuka manga that I've read thus far. Tezuka uses a short story format for the series, usually aiming for 20-page stories.

I don't really consider this a spoiler, because it occurs in the volume. Mostly, I don't want to cut it because it is SO HEINOUS that even people uninterested in manga maybe interested in the WTF factor.

So, Black Jack falls in love with a woman, woman gets uterine cancer. Black Jack will operate on her.

BLACK JACK: I'll be removing your uterus, and your ovaries - in other words, your female organs, entirely. As you know, the uterus and ovaries secrete crucial hormones that define a woman's sex. To have them removed is to quit being a woman. You won't be able to bear children, of course, and you'll become unfeminine.

I KNOW, WHAT? Later:

BLACK JACK: I'll say this while you're still a woman. Megumi, I love you. With all my heart!
MEGUMI: I thought you'd never say it....I'm so glad!
BLACK JACK: I just couldn't....
MEGUMI: Kiss me, doctor!


If a man told me I was no longer a woman because I had a hysterectomy, the last thing I would do is kiss him.



IF ANYBODY LEAVES A COMMENT SAYING THAT YOU NEED WOMAN ORGANS TO BE A WOMAN, I WILL BE DISPLEASED.

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:05 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment