wJan 24, 2009


101 Primer

So. My blog is operating under the assumption that everyone who comments in it is beyond the 101 level when it comes to differences in gender, race, hetero-normativity, differently abled people, etc. I assume that you understand that some people benefit from privilege due to the way our society is structured.

"But, Mystickeeper!" you say. "I don't believe you!"
"Well, Jimmy," I say. "Sit your ass down, and read these posts. NO REALLY. Read them."

Please read the rest of the post at the LiveJournal, as some them link to LJ people.

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:47 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

No offense, but this brief post just seems to be saying, "My blog is operating under the assumption that everyone who comments in it has assimilated my own beliefs and agrees with me."

And no question...you're entitled to that of course, since it is your blog and all, but...is that what you're saying? Or am I mistaken?

By Blogger Gordon, at 9:25 AM, January 29, 2009  

The post is not actually brief. If you click the link and go to my LiveJournal, where the entirety of the post is located, you can read the rest of it at your leisure.

I'm not saying that everybody has to agree with me, but I have recently had several Discussions of Fail in my own LiveJournal, in which people try to enter discussions of race and sexism with personal anecdotes and lots of entitled privilege. This doesn't give them the opportunity to have academic discussions because all they're doing is whining about their personal lives. People take the discussions and make them deeply personal, in a way that is quite selfish, as opposed to focusing on the matter at hand.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:19 PM, January 29, 2009  

Post a Comment