wDec 29, 2008


Breakfast at Tiffany's

I think I'm a rarity in that I read Truman Capote's novella Breakfast at Tiffany's before watching the movie for the first time yesterday.

Upon finishing the novella, I wondered a bit why so many girls my age loved the movie version, calling it a romance. Now I understand!

As I watched the movie, I kept wondering if I had missed so many major plot points, because that happens to be a lot when I am reveling in an author's writing style, as I did with Capote's writing. Of course, what had really happened was a lot of changes made by the writers, most especially to the ending.

In the end, I liked the movie, although it was almost ruined entirely by Mickey Rooney's racist portrayal of Mr. Yunioshi.


Do you guys like the novella or the movie better? If you haven't read the novella, you totally should! Capote's writing is exquisite. What do you like about the movie?

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:50 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment