wAug 21, 2008


In which I attempt to be persuasive

It's been busy the last few days, but a good week overall. I had female co-workers over last night. They brought wine, I provided apple butter and crackers, and we watched "Love Actually." My apartment is an efficiency, but spacious enough for a girls' night! Success.

At the moment, I am head-over-heels in love with Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise, which is a series of graphic novels. I will blog about it at length...at some point.

I've watched the first episode and a half of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'cause it's out on DVD, and Netflix sent it to me Tuesday. OMF SO GOOD!!




BUT, people, the entire reason why I'm posting is so that I can link to this post, titled "Why You Should Read xxxHolic. This is me, waving my hands from side to side, calling your attention to this gorgeous and thought-provoking manga series by CLAMP.

If you are looking for a series to use to start reading manga, I highly recommend this one. Rather than write my own entry, please read the one to which I just linked. In fact, have another link. Pretty pictures are included in the post! Seriously, this series is gorgeous, heartwrenching, and funny. If you're brand new to manga, you'll also learn a lot about Japanese manga. And the translation provided by American publisher Del Rey? BEST TRANSLATION NOTES.....EVER. Seriously. The back of every volume provides paragraph-length explanations about Japanese culture that an average American reader wouldn't pick up on. PEOPLE, READ XXXHOLIC. DO IT. And if that left you unconvinced, at least read the persuasive blog post I linked to. Go! Now!

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:52 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment