wJun 19, 2008


Twilight

Continuing from yesterday....I don't even know how to put into words how heinous this book is. I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I will let it speak for itself.

He turned then, with a mocking smile, and I stifled a gasp. His white shirt was sleeveless, and he wore it unbuttoned, so that the smooth white skin of his throat flowed uninterrupted over the marble countours of his chest, his perfect musculature no longer merely hinted at behind concealing cloths. He was too perfect, I realized with a piercing stab of despair. There was no way this godlike creature could be meant for me.

Is that enough?! Do you believe me now? Let me find a better one!

"I miss you," I whispered.
"I know, Bella. Believe me, I know. It's like you've taken half my self away with you."
"Come and get it, then," I challenged.
"Soon, as soon as I possibly can. I will make you safe first." His voice was hard.
"I love you," I reminded him.
"Could you believe that, despite everything I've put you through, I love you, too?"
"Yes, I can, actually."

I SHUDDER WITH DESPAIR FROM THIS AWFUL WRITING.

BUT I STILL CAN'T STOP READING.

Thank God I only have 60 pages left. I'm finding the build-up to the climax shockingly (?) boring.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:08 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment