wJun 15, 2008


Buffy, Season 8: "Wolves at the Gate"

I have now read through the end of the "Wolves at the Gate" storyline.

Spoilers for these issues lie behind the grey.

I didn't like that they killed Renee, but I did like the stylistic choice of having an entire page from her point of view, with her fading vision and the thoughts she was unable to articulate before dying.

In addition to killing Renee, it seems like Satsu is going to be staying in Japan. And with that, two new slayers of color are written out of the plot, and that kind of sucks. Hopefully Satsu won't disappear. I like her character a lot.

I continue to love Andrew until forever. His "OMG, a mecha version of Dawn is fighting actual Dawn in the street, this is my dream!" made my life, as scenes involving Andrew often do.

Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of this arc, but I'm pretty excited to see what happens when Melaka Fray shows up (and how does that work, exactly??).

I think what bothers me most of all about consuming Buffy as a comic book is that I'm really bad at reading things issue by issue, one month at a time. It's hard for me to remember what happened, and to keep track of new characters. I like reading whole "episodes" all at once, but I want to try and keep up so that I don't get spoiled (I have really bad self-control).

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:45 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment