wMay 8, 2008


Questions that plague me as I begin to write my take-home finals

It is always my inclination to add the letters "ue" to words like dialog, catalog, etc. so that they are "dialogue," "catalogue," and so forth.

And while we're at it, I always add an "e" to the word "blond."

Are these British spellings that I picked up in my youth? How come the spell check systems (which I tend to LOATHE) in both Microsoft Word and Mozilla Firefox always underline them as being incorrect?

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 1:27 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

You know, catalog looks normal but dialog looks NAKED without its ue.

and I thought blond and blonde were gendered words...

By Blogger Tas, at 7:59 AM, May 09, 2008  

Someone said the same thing on LJ about blond/blonde. It makes sense - the possibility just never occurred to me!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:25 AM, May 10, 2008  

I've never seen it as "blond" without the "e". Or maybe I have, but just assumed it was misspelled. I was just raised to expect the "e".

By Blogger Gordon, at 12:57 PM, May 10, 2008  

Post a Comment