wMay 4, 2008


Angel, Season 4: through episode 13, "Salvage"

Spoilers lie behind the gray text!


Awakening
Worst episode....OR BEST? OMG.

I hated this episode so much. Terrible dialog, Connnor being a stupid prat, Cordelia being SO annoying. My skin was crawling with her "I was FRIGHTENED! And ALONE!" Things kind of got interesting at the end - I thought that the exploding light from killing the Beast turned Angel into Angelus. When he looked out his window, and then to Cordelia, I thought he was going to kiss her and snap her neck. IN FACT, I WISHED FOR IT. Then, when Cordelia wanted to have sex with him, I thought she was evil.

BUT THEN, he woke up in his cell. CACKLING MANIACALLY. I want to write about a crazy person. It took me a minute to figure it all out (just ask Chad; he came in during the last 2 minutes, and watched, and laughed at me being very confused, and then enlightened) - that it was all in his mind! OMG amazing! I want to rewatch the episode so badly now Holy shit.

And what does it say about Angel, that his psychological pure happiness contains Cordelia with such trite dialog? His friends and son being all Championy? And yelling Buffy's name? Whoa. WHOA.


Soulless / Calvary / Salvage
I never really liked Gunn, but I HATE him now. I can't stand him fighting over Fred with Wesley, saying things like, "She's mine." Fred should dump his ass, and realize that Wesley is the better man.

I LOVE EVIL ANGEL. AND I LOVE EVIL CORDELIA EVEN MORE. I feel like these actors are only good when they're evil. DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE CORDELIA BEING EVIL?

Okay, I'm not imagining things, am I? That knife that Faith's fellow inmate tried to use to kill her is the same one used by the Bringers on Buffy to kill Slayers?

FAITH, I LOVE HER. She and jaded!Wesley fit nicely together, too. I love that she appreciates his scruff and angst. WHO WOULDN'T?! (Disapproving glare to Fred)


Annnnnd....end of Salvage: WTF BABY?! Connor, stop kissing people. Once in a great while, they make his hair look nice. 90% of the time, though, Connor is kind of an ugly fucker, which is a shame, because TV people should be pretty, and I sort of like his character when he's not being an idiot.


I'm excited to watch more! Season 4 is definitely my favorite thus far.

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 1:36 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment