wApr 26, 2008


SUCCESS

I now have a birthday present for Amelia, changed oil in my car, and my paycheck in my savings account.

The trip to the library was also fruitful, even if my mom watched with slow horror as I checked out 17 volumes of manga (BWAHAHAHA!).

I checked them out in the name of research. Even though my paper is supposed to focus on things already discussed in my presentation (given in February), I figure I might need a few more series in order to bring my page-count up to where it's supposed to be. Thus, what I checked out:
--Bisco Hitori's Ouran High School Host Club, vol. 2 (I've seen the entire anime series and loved it, but just want to double-check that the anime is close enough to the manga that I can cite it without actually reading it!)
--Tomoko Ninomiya's Nodame Cantable, vols. 1 and 2 (Have already read these, and watched ~7 episodes of the anime; just want a refresher because I didn't write about it in my blog very much.)
--Yukie Nasu's Here is Greenwood, vols. 1 and 2 (Haven't read any of this, but it's a pretty classic shoujo series, so I want to see if there's anything I can talk about from the basic premise.)
--Chie Shinohara's Red River, vols. 1 and 2 (Same reasons as Here is Greenwood)
--CLAMP's RG Veda, vols. 1-10 (BWAHAHA. I own volumes 1 and 2, and my goal is to read everything by CLAMP....ever. The Madison library doesn't have anything past volume 2, so I'm going to try my damndest to read all of it before the weekend's over. Since it's CLAMP, though, I think that I will have things to say about their representation of gender, which bodes well for my paper!)

So! Aside from visiting my family, I think that the weekend will be spent reading manga and taking notes. I'm okay with that.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 2:42 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment