wApr 8, 2008


FOR REALS?!

Okay, so seriously, I can't remember ever feeling this congested. My throat doesn't hurt when I swallow, but when I try to use my voice, I sound like chain-smoking grandmother or a soft-spoken 12-year-old, depending on how recently I've coughed. I spent most of the day blowing my nose, but now it's like I can just feel two heavy weights, on the center of my chest and behind my nose, into my throat. I just started taking some Comtrex, which has gotten rid of some of my more terrible colds in the past.

Does anyone have good home remedies, or advice? It's raining and I don't want to go outside, :(

Currently, my remedies have been: Wash my sheets so that I can try to sleep better tonight, Not go to tomorrow's Liturgy meeting, Not go to Ballroom Dance if I still feel this poorly, and elevate my upper body at night with lots of pillows (even though it made me wake up a few times last night).

Any good foods, body contortions, or simple advice are welcome!

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:08 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Sometimes breathing in steam helps me if I have chest congestion...so whether that's putting on a humidifier (if you're perhaps the rare college student to have one of those), breathing in the steam from a cup of tea, or just boiling some water on the stove, perhaps it'll help you too.

Also there is some weird thing called a neti pot that you use to pour saltwater through your nasal passages...I've never done it but know people who swear by it.

I hope you're feeling better soon, Jackie!

By Blogger Jenny, at 9:47 PM, April 08, 2008  

neti pot is just bizarre. Pooring water down your nose is not right.
Julie try it and I don't think it helped much.


Buy some antihistamine like cold Tylenol or something like that, it will help you sleep at night

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM, April 08, 2008  

Hot chocolate. With a sip of rum. Just before you go to bed. It'll get rid of those weights.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 AM, April 09, 2008  

Post a Comment