wFeb 18, 2008


Please, watch me wallow

So yeah, I guess I went from Best Weekend Ever to Crappiest Day Ever. THIS IS NOT OKAY.

--I've lost my car keys. I have looked everywhere, including the coat I wasn't wearing Saturday night and my sock drawer. I raked the snow under my car. It is nowhere. My car is plowed in and was on the wrong side of the street all day. They don't normally give tickets for violating alternate-side parking out where I live, but knowing my luck, I'll get a ticket. I will have to go to the dealership to get a new one. Too bad I can't get to a dealership in order to do this because....

--Chad has gone home to our parents' town because his grandpa is really, really sick and will likely die within the next day. Prayers and good-thoughts for Chad and his family are awesome.

--Apparently, some non-student n00b at Anime Club is making Alt.Room suck for everyone else, and I'm probably going to do some ass-pwning to make him stop, judging by everyone's comments. This is unfortunate - I haven't had to talk to anyone about their behavior at Club in the last two years, and I'm not very excited to do it now.

--I completely and utterly forgot about the Liturgy Training I was supposed to attend tonight. I am on the Liturgy Team. My role was to train people to lector. I VOLUNTEERED FOR THIS NIGHT. And I didn't even realize it until about 5 minutes ago, upon which there was much swearing. I am a terrible person, and I am going to hell. I especially feel terrible because I was supposed to lector (read during mass) Sunday night, and had to cancel because I was snowed in. I feel like everyone on this team thinks of me as such a flake because I never have much to say at the meetings and often can't make extra meetings due to work or school work (OR SUCKING AT LIFE, like today!), and I hate when people have negative opinions of me.

--I am about 3 weeks behind on my Con Law homework.

--Random dude on the way up the steps to the Capitol this morning: Gee, they don't shovel well here.
Me: No, it's not very good. Better than my street, though, my car's plowed in.
Dude: Oh! Well I guess you'll have to get a guy with a strong back to help you!
Me: *weak smile* Yeah.

I HATE SHIT LIKE THIS. I always feel pissed all day afterward, when I decide to be polite and not start an argument when someone I don't know very well says something sexist to me. A strong back?! Who the hell does this guy think has been shoveling and ice-scraping our sidewalks nigh on every fucking day all winter, not to mention shoveling out my own damn car, often by myself, thank-you-very-much?!

--I couldn't go to the post office today because it's President's Day. Which is actually not that terrible at all - just irritating.

--Haven't yet started the presentation I have due Friday. Yes, it's about manga and American comics but I still have to, you know, do it. Also, I don't have a scanner. That should make things a lot more interesting (and difficult).

--I still don't have a job, and it's scaring the shit out of me. Also, due to not knowing where I'll be living, I don't have an apartment yet, either.

--It's also looking like I'm going to have to walk to my polling place tomorrow, which is a bit of a hike. Not to mention, I need to find a bill addressed to me somewhere, because I'm paranoid that I won't still be registered from last spring.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:00 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Jackles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there sweet heart. And, sorry to hear about Chad's grandfather, I'll keep them both in my prayers.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:27 AM, February 19, 2008  

Thank you for the nice thoughts!

And yes, do pray for Chad and his family: his grandpa died Wednesday night.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 9:17 AM, February 22, 2008  

Post a Comment