wFeb 27, 2008


Brought to you by sleep deprivation

Spoilers through episode 6.5 of Buffy

Fail
I think that last semester ruined me for responsible project habits. Last semester, papers and exams and projects were scheduled in such a way that everything was always one right after the other, and it was nigh on impossible for me to start anything more than 2 days before it was due. My grades turned out fine, but I'm just used to starting a paper more in advance.

The habits seem to have carried over to this semester, even though I have more time, and things are more spaced out (except for this week, WTF!). Last night I fell asleep around midnight and woke up at 2am, wrote a 4-page paper, and went to bed again at 3:30. Woke up at 6:45 for the day. Over breakfast, I decided it would be a good idea to cite the text, as it was an English paper (BWAHAHA).

Anyway, the paper is done and will be handed in during my next class. After that, I have a ballroom dance practical on Monday (on the Waltz) and my Constitutional Law midterm due Tuesday. After that, I just have one exam before Spring Break, so I guess that's good.

Win
Yes, this means that I only have one episode before the Buffy musical, so hopefully I can watch both of those this weekend. SO EXCITED, omg. Then I can finally download the songs without fear of minor spoilers, and listen to them repeatedly forever.

I have decided what my Buffy icon needs to be. Buffy, looking feisty, preferably shaking a finger in a scolding way. Text: "You are a neutered vampire who cheats at kitten poker!"

Latest Addition to my car woes
$20 parking ticket because I didn't move my car to the other side of the street last night. I thought I only had to do that during a snow emergency, but APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG. At least it's only $20 and I can pay it online (I hope).

Links
By way of , I read this article on Slate.com explaining how Digg and Wikipedia are websites in which a small minority of Internet-users are deciding the content and popularity of the Internet as a whole. It's an interesting read. I use Wikipedia all the time because it's much more useful for things like Final Fantasy VII or the latest anime series than, say, Encyclopedia Britannica would be. I fail to understand the use of websites like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Del.icio.us. I really don't give a shit how many other people have read and liked a page on the Internet. All I care about is whether or not I will like it. If I want to find something random, I'll go to Fark.com (Best news site EVER).

I am in love with this blog post by Ann Althouse: Obama, Farrakhan, and how Hillary Clinton took the opening and then squandered it. In the post, she dissects the rhetoric behind Tim Russert's question to Obama about Farrakhan in Tuesday night's debate, and how Hillary almost totally owned him, and then didn't. I feel like this is going to be a defining moment if she loses to Obama. Obama gives the wrong answer to a serious question, Hillary watches him shoot himself in the foot and makes herself look much stronger....until she backs off, Obama turns her point into a joke, and instead of arguing further, everyone has a good laugh, including the audience, the candidates, and the moderators. And Obama scores hugely.

SlateV had a video up on its main page last night pointing out the similarities between Barack Obama and this year's presidential campaign, and the one shown on The West Wing in its final seasons. Apparently, fictional character Matthew Santos was based on Barack Obama to begin with, although other similarities (fighting an entrenched Democrat; a moderate Republican, etc.) are obviously coincidental.

Labels: , , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 8:43 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment