wJan 22, 2008


YO.

I have a big chunk of time between lectures on Thursdays, and today because my discussion section was canceled. So, I blog to you from College Library, where it is insufferably hot, it smells like coffee, and I can see the frozen lake and some of my fellow students. Why do they set up public laptops to face other people? I don't know.

My Constitutional Law class was as hilarious as I expected it to be. At the end of last week, I received multiple e-mails from my professor, some with syllabi attached. We then received an email written in caps lock, telling us to ignore "any and all syllabi" that we received prior to Tuesday. I found this extremely amusing. Today, part of lecture was spent describing the centaurs in Fantasia (which eventually got around to the point that there are different ways to interpret Beethoven's symphony that accompanies the scene, just as there are different ways to interpret law.). When class was over and we all packed up our stuff and left, the professor blasted Beethoven's Fifth Symphony as we left class. I can't think of a better (ominous) way to start my last semester.

I seem to be running into lots of people on campus today. WTF, I've been here for 4 years and I know people.

What the hell, there is still an hour before my class. I don't trust myself to peruse the shelves, because I know I'll walk away with a large stack of books....Whatever, I'll probably do it anyway.

Everyone should watch the governor's State of the State address tomorrow night! Not only because it makes you an informed citizen, but also because you might see me! Bwahaha.


A lot of people on my LJ Friends list are partaking in today's "Blog About Choice Day," and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm pro-life. I'd prefer not to engage in hardcore debate on the subject in the comments of my blog or my LJ. Abortion is one of those few places where I feel that there isn't a lot of room for debate. I am a feminist. A person either believes that "life" begins at a certain point (conception, implantation, 2 weeks, 3 months), or they don't. I'm usually up for arguing just about any other political issue, though. DON'T HATE ME, KTHX.


Current Music: sorority girls talking about their, like, really difficult lives

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 1:25 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment