wJan 9, 2008


Oops

So, I am stupid and apparently set the wrong alarm last night. I cursed when it went off, and I could see through my blinds that it was already light outside, being 8:00 am. Because my Career Advising appointment would force me to leave work at 10:45, and it would be at least 9:30 by the time I got to work, I called in and will just be going after the appointment is over with. Still, I feel like an idiot, and kind of terrible. I pride myself on being the person who never calls in sick or comes in late, so even though it's a rare occurrence, I still feel bad and have found it difficult to enjoy my morning.

Steph and I enjoyed a meal last night, made by Steph (although I did some hardcore supervising). Eating and talking with a friend might be one of the best things ever.

Yesterday, I finished reading Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, and I loved it. I think that I liked this one more than Book of a Thousand Days, which I think I read sometime last week. Shannon Hale writes Young Adult fantasy. She has written a couple of other books that I haven't read yet, but I think that these two are her most famous at the moment. I do love that in both books, protagonists are not physically perfect (one is small, one has a disfigured hand and face). In both novels, the author takes great care to do a lot of intricate world-building, down to how the characters approach religion, each other, and their customs. She does this without distracting from the plot, which is saying a lot, as the books are only about 300 pages each, with relatively spacious text. Each novel also deals with classism, prejudice, and belief in one's self. I also think it's neat how the power of song plays such a vital role in both novels. And thus, it's been decided that I like the author Shannon Hale a lot! Go read her stuff!

Anyway, I should go print off my resume. I'm also excited to stop at the bank on my way to work this afternoon. I have two paychecks to put into my savings account, and two at the same time adds up to a lot of money! Money! I need it. Or, I will when I graduate. ;_;

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:14 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

OMG how awesome would it be if we gathered up the crew and started a regular "Supper Club?" HOW CUTE!

By Blogger Steph, at 2:29 PM, January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment