wDec 27, 2007


Things. (I know, I am so descriptive!)

I'll start with this: I was stunned to hear that Benazir Bhutto had been assassinated, although when she went back to Pakistan, I was afraid that it might happen. I don't want to be the asshole who says, "Oh, yeah, I totally saw that one coming!" when I really didn't, but I remember thinking that at the time! Of course, I have no proof, so you will just have to believe me. It will be interesting (and, probably, terrifying) to see what will develop over the coming days/weeks.

I want to have time to write out a proper entry, but I really don't. Today has been pretty busy. I've visited the dentist and the dermatologist, ran into a library (And scored! They had Twilight by Stephenie Meyer!), and ate lunch with former Youth Liturgy people (Jennys! We are going out next Thursday, late afternoon!). And this evening I will go to my cousin's house for another family get-together (What? We celebrate Christmas for 3 days. Leave us alone!), and after that, will probably hang out with friends.

Yesterday, I had dinner with a group of girl friends from high school, and hung out for a while afterward.

On Christmas Day, we had spaghetti and more present-opening at my cousin's house. Most of my family is not Italian (although my father and my siblings and I are), but my cousin-in-law is, so we have delicious spaghetti every year on Christmas Day. I also had some really good wine. I swear, I've drank more alcohol in the last week than I have in the last three months, and I haven't even had that much!

I have received some very nice and thoughtful gifts from people, and overall, being home has been relatively drama-free and relaxing. Of course, I'll be even more relaxed when I don't have to go to 8 places in a day.

Ahhh! There are so many books to read! What am I doing online?

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 4:08 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment