wDec 13, 2007


I will feel her blood on my hands.....TONIGHT!

(BTW, blog titles that are not self-explanatory are still being taken from Wizard People. If only so Steph will nod in approval while she reads.)

I had a post written last night, and then I fell asleep. WTF. Classes are over. I've made the first steps toward job-searching. Do I write about specifics on the blog? Theoretically, the majority of my readership is also my competition, and I am an ambitious whore. So......YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT I DID.

Things I'm Reading
I started A Great and Terrible Beauty today (reading throughout my entire English lecture, as I can't stand it), and I like it. Although, for how much people love it, some of the writing seems.....not so great. Especially Gemma's interactions with the other girls her age. I don't know. Are they making this into a movie? It seems like it wouldn't feel the same at all, without her biting commentary. Ah, well. The plot's interesting enough, anyway.

I don't know why I keep reading the Naruto manga. I am through volume 25 (chapter 225), and I just feel like it's not all that great. When one battle takes 4-8 volumes to resolve....? I lose interest. I'm also not a fan of....
"MY ANGST, LET ME SHOW YOU IT BEFORE WE FIGHT! AND WHILE WE FIGHT. AND AFTER."
"OH YEAH? LET ME EXPLAIN MY SUPER-ULTRA ATTACK MOVE IN EXPLICIT DETAIL, COMPLETE WITH DIAGRAMS FOR THE READER ABOUT HOW MY CHAKRA IS FLOWING!"
"OMG ME TOO!"
I dunno. I've stuck with it this long, I'm going to hang around until the Shippuden arc starts and see if it starts throwing bucket loads of awesome on to pages, and if Sakura stops frickin' moping all the time, and maybe I'll keep going. I think I would just like it a whole lot more if it didn't take so damn long for the plot to progress. I now understand why the anime has so much filler. It wouldn't be very hard to catch up with a pace set by a turtle.

And other things
I'm still really glad that I took off of work next week. I couldn't focus at all today when I was there. How can you? You walk around giant slabs of marble and Greco-Roman paintings and statues, deliver pieces of paper that make legislation happen, and have endless conversations with intelligent peers in the basement. I'm really going to miss my job when I leave it, :/ This is the best job I've ever had.

It's so hard to focus once finals start. All I can think about is going Christmas shopping, and what books I want to read and shows I want to watch. Most of all, I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the fact that I'm going to graduate in May and really have no idea what I'm doing. I've entertained the thought of presenting a cool and collected persona via my blog, buuuut.....we all know that that's just not my style.

Whatever. Because we all need an lol.....I am still registered for Ballroom Dancing next semester.

I'm off to try and get a bit of Christmas shopping done now, and then go and see "Blade Runner" on the big screen with Antoine and some of his friends. I've only seen Blade Runner once, and I think I might have fallen asleep and not understood it. Or, possibly, both. I feel like it's one of those things that I should like, though, so I'm going to try again. If nothing else, I can fall asleep on Antoine in the movie theater, which is always a win.


Current Music: The Night Starts Here - Stars

Labels: , , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 5:19 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

*nods*

I think those Naruto quotes would make good LOL CATS.

By Blogger Steph, at 11:47 AM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment