wDec 31, 2007


2007 in Review: Best Media

Note that these things are not necessarily from 2007, but just that 2007 is when I read/watched them. Also note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything I watched, but what I felt was "OMGAWESOMESAUCE."

For reference, I do keep a booklog, although I haven't yet added everything I read during the Fall semester for class. Yes, I know. 294 is a lot.

TV Shows
Heroes, season 1 (2 wasn't nearly as good)
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, seasons 1-4 (although, 2 and 3 were best)
Samurai Jack, seasons 1 and 2
Avatar: The Last Airbender, seasons 1-3
Grey's Anatomy gets an honorable mention because season 4 was being so much better than season 3 was

Movies
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie
The Departed
Marie Antoinette
Linda, Linda, Linda
Hot Fuzz
The Importance of Being Earnest
Sophie Scholl: The Final Days
Paprika
(I need to keep better track of what movies I watch throughout the year)

Anime Series
Ouran High School Host Club
Welcome to the NHK
Princess Tutu
Romeo x Juliet
NANA
Black Lagoon
Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei (Goodbye, Mr. Despair)
Romeo x Juliet deserves and honorable mention because it started out amazing. I need to ignore the episode that made me stop, and see if it returned to awesomeness.

Manga and Graphic Novels
NANA, Ai Yazawa
Eden, Hiroki Endo
Tramps Like Us, Yayoi Ogawa
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, Hayao Miyazaki
Tokyo Babylon, CLAMP
The Legend of Chun Hyang, CLAMP
Cantarella, You Higuri
Priest, Min-Woo Hyung
Fray, Joss Whedon, etc.
Watchmen, Alan Moore, etc.

Literature
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
Snow Crash, Neal Stephenson
Howl's Moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones
Lincoln's Melancholy, Joshua Wolf Shenk
"The Second Coming," William Butler Yeats
The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula K. Le Guin
"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman by Harlan Ellison
King Lear, William Shakespeare

Labels: , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 1:16 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment