wSep 11, 2007


It is cold.

I really do intend to blog a lot more often than I do. But by the time it gets to be the time of day that I have time to blog, I am despondent and know that if I blog, I will sound whiny. Such is the case right now, but I will proceed anyway.

Of course, you all might want to know how I win against my slings and arrows: it is by going to Antoine's house and demanding that he cuddle with me.
"Your face is in my armpit."
"It's warm here," I say, pulling his arm down so it drapes around my neck.
"Your nose feels cold."
"It is!" I say, pulling down his arm again, so that it covers my neck (which is cold!)
"Jackie, I'm trying to put my glasses on!"
"Oh." And then we giggled a lot.

Also! Antoine threw a blanket on me, because I was cold.
"Thank you, Antoine! You're so nice to me! I like you!"
"Yeah!"
".....This blanket is cold."
"Tough!"
"I hate you! You're so mean to me!"

Tomorrow is September 11th, and I can still never understand why every year, people will say things like, "Never forget" or "Remember September 11th." I would like to say to these people, "Thank you. I think I would have forgotten that September 11th happened, if you hadn't just reminded me." I mean, really. Can't these people urge people to remember something they might have actually forgotten about? To brush their teeth? That the United States has a lot of poor people? I don't know. There are a lot of things that people do that I don't understand.

Anime Club started this weekend, and it was good. On the morning of, I really didn't want to go because The Flaming Lips were going to be playing at a free outside concert (Antoine and a couple of his friends went and I was so jealous), and I was afraid that I would have a horrible time at Club, but it turned out that I didn't.

During the last month or so of summer, we had a couple of meetings to decide to restructure the way the entire Anime Club is run, and to make it a better tool for socializing. I think last night went really well. There was more conversation in the main room than I've ever heard, anyway. It's difficult to get anti-social people to talk to one another, but somehow it was accomplished. The only thing that sucked was that less people than we usually get on a first night were present, and some people who are students who still go to school here just didn't show up. It's really disheartening, because I and other people have put so much thought into changing the Club for the better, and then they don't give it a chance. Oh well, though - I can only ever control myself, so I shouldn't worry about it.

Anyway. I am exhausted, and I still didn't finish everything that I had intended to finish today. It has grown cold outside, and it finally feels like autumn. This is good news to me, as a humid, hot summer in Madison has solidified in my mind, once and for all, that autumn is my favorite season.

Our mail hasn't come since last week Friday, and I am anxious to receive my Buffy DVD from Netflix. Stupid postal service.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:55 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

You should have gone to see the Flaming lips.Why didn't you call me about the Flaming Lips? Liv and Mia both had there hair cut short, I'll have to send you pictures.

Kevin

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 AM, September 11, 2007  

I know I should've, :( But I really wanted to start Anime Club off on the right foot!

Also, I don't know why I didn't call you. It was dumb! Don't tell Ed that I went to Anime Club instead of a Flaming Lips concert. He might kill me, :(

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 8:16 AM, September 11, 2007  

I think that, more importantly than "remembering" such an event once a year on its anniversary for sentimental reasons, we should be telling people to remember it every day and let the experience guide our foreign policy, international relations, and homeland defense...Or maybe we could go on pretending our actions don't affect others and that it's more important to follow celebrities than international threats. What do I know.

By Blogger Steph, at 9:23 AM, September 11, 2007  

Post a Comment