wSep 29, 2007


Autumn is beautiful.

On Friday, I woke up quite early, packed, and drove home. Apparently, the high school was actually having a half-day, but I still managed to converse with the History teacher I was hoping to see (Brayko, Bunk was sick), and two of my old Spanish teachers. Talking to the Spanish teachers was sort of uncomfortable. They were already familiar that people are not allowed to "minor" in foreign language at UW-Madison, and when I explained that I already had two majors, they understood. Still, they were disappointed: "You were so good at it!" Maybe. I stopped taking Spanish after I got a BC in a course. I kind of regret not studying abroad during my college career. Once I'm done with school, I'd like to read some novels in Spanish (I still have the first two Harry Potter!) and brush up on it again, and get better than I was before. I miss it.

But anyway. History teacher and I discussed life, school, the high school auditorium, and etc. He thinks I should be a teacher, and also wants me to talk to the AP Gov students when they visit the Capitol in the Spring. Explain my part-time job, I guess. WTF, teaching. I thought I remembered hearing at some point that one could just go to South Dakota and get a teaching certificate after teaching for a year. Maybe I should do that! Except that I don't really want to teach. I don't think that I would be good at it, and I don't think that I would enjoy it for more than a year.

So. Friday, Mom made my favorite meal (corned beef) and Julie and her family came for dinner, and then I went to Julie's house to watch Avatar with her kids. Came home and did homework, woke up and did more. We went to visit my aunt and uncle, and then we got all three kids and went to a pumpkin patch. I procured 5 small gourds and some bound, colored corn for some festive decorations in my room.

Tonight, we had dinner at my sister's house. My sister has two cats now, and they like to attack and hiss at one another. They also have their own "kitty jungle gym." It is pretty heinous.

I handed my first paper in on Thursday, but I'm finding writing this one that's due Tuesday exceedingly difficult. Oh well. By tomorrow, I'll no longer have a choice, and will have to work on it!

Being home always feels really weird. Right now, there are so many things I'm thinking and feeling, but I'd really rather not write about them. I am so cruel, I know. Instead, reading and then sleeping.

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:59 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

Now there's two "that damn cat"s???

Debo leer Harry Potter en espanol tambien! Aunque, necesito terminar el libro ultimo.

I want mom-made food! I'm glad I'm going home next week!

By Blogger Steph, at 2:03 AM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment