wAug 11, 2007


I live.

I didn't post much this week. It was a bad week, mentally. I don't know why. I pulled through, though, so I guess that's all that matters.

Tonight was Isa's surprise farewell party (she's moving to Missouri). It's good we had a surprise farewell party, because last night we went to the Essen Haus, and.....well, Isa's the biggest lightweight ever, as she had already been taken home to pass out in her bed by 8pm, lol. Still, tonight was awesome. There was lots of singing on Nina's porch, and drunken debauchery.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to go see "Stardust" and I AM SO EXCITED. I love Neil Gaiman! But, seriously? This review of it is kind of annoying. It cites Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away) as a "possible inspiration" for the film. Too bad Stardust had already been written and published before "Spirited Away" was released!

Apparently, there are going to be tons of rummage sales in my neighborhood tomorrow (over 60). Thank God for LiveJournal, or I'd never know WTF was going on. Apparently, a LJ friend I made at Wiscon lives nearby! She promises fudge, so I will have to investigate. After Stardust, of course. If I don't find a bookshelf at the rummage sales, then I'll have to cruise around on "Hippie Christmas," or the 14th, when all the students become homeless for the night, and pick something off the curb.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 1:48 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

I wish I'd be able to go to sales! Unfortunately I only have a few hours (9am-1pm) to move in and then it's off to training right away at 1:30. Let's blame Gordon!

If I can get some time off, let's celebrate hippie christmas together! I am in need of cheap and old picture frames to recycle in my plots.

Also, I'm only halfway through DH so I might need to come to your house this week and cry in your creepy room. I really don't want any of those whores ruining it for me or interrupting me while I'm drinking in all the angst and sorrow of my stories.

By Blogger Steph, at 11:36 AM, August 11, 2007  

That review of Stardust is *stupid*. Where on earth is there anything in that movie that remotely resembles Miyazaki? Dumb. Great movie, though. It makes me smile to remember it. :) Did you get any good loot?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM, August 13, 2007  

Steffles: You can come to my house to cry about Harry Potter any time! Yay for hippie Christmas.

Carolyn: Not really! A copper bracelet for me, and some American Girl books/Noah's Ark thing that may become possible niece!presents. If not, there are many small girls in our extended family and my mom will find something to do with them.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:32 PM, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment