wAug 13, 2007


I got some Bookmooch today!

People who pretentiously think that they are God's gift to human insight, but actually are quite offensive, awkward, and suck in conversation, are SO LOL to talk to. It's the amusing things in life that get me through the day.

Pwntastic!
Today, a fellow Bleak House intern and I went to the Willy Street Co-op for lunch, and holy crap, it was amazing! I have been to the Regent Street Co-Op, but Regent is tiny compared to this place. It was so nice. They have some delicious prepared foods, too, so you could go there just for a meal, and be satisfied! So much love. Do it!

I was hella productive today. In addition to going to my internship and reading two volumes of manga, I reserved rooms for the next school year for Anime Club, called my mom, bought groceries, cooked and ate dinner, cleaned the bathroom hardcore, washed dishes, AND spent about an hour pulling weeds out of the lawn/attacking them with a hoe. By the time I finished pulling them, it was already dark outside, so actually mowing the lawn will have to wait. Still, I feel very accomplished, considering how many weeds were in our yard. My legs still feel a little wobbly, though.

Weekend Stuff!
I saw the movie "Stardust" Saturday morning, and I liked it very much. Of course I did - it's based on a story by Neil Gaiman, one of my most favorite authors. The movie is a fantasy, a comedy, and a romance. Gaiman tends to defy genres like that. A lot of reviews I've read on Netflix have some people sounding upset - "I thought this movie was a fantasy, but then there was comedy! And what's with the romance?!" OMG SOMEONE STIRRED THE GENRE POT! Personally, I like it when multiple things are mixed together like that.

Saturday, I went to Antoine's place, where his roommate, The Hammer, was grilling. I brought some steak that has been in my freezer (a gift from Mom!) for some time now. They were delicious, as was all the other food that was made. After that, Antoine, The Hammer, Steph (who is back in Madison now! But unfortunately imprisoned in the dorms doing RA training), and I drove out past Middleton to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. We pulled off the highway and just laid down on the pavement of a side road. It was mostly nice - the pavement was warm. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a haze in the sky, so despite having a New Moon last night, we didn't see as many meteors as I would have liked. Still, we saw enough that it was definitely worth it. There were one or two that were brilliantly bright. I would like to drive out and go star-gazing more often. I can't find much in the sky at the moment. The stuff that I can pick out of the sky is limited to Taurus (and in it, I can pick out the Pleiades and Aldeberan), Orion, the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and Polaris. I'd like to know more!

Current Events!
Former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson has dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. I find it odd that he did so by citing his loss in the Iowa Straw Poll as his reason. Does anyone take that too seriously? It costs $35 to vote in it, and candidates literally foot the bill to bus in their supporters. Lame excuse, in my opinion.

I think that this is the most disgusting information I've read in a news article for a while now. In efforts to "clean up" the city's image so that the Olympic Games can be held there, the city conducted a "census" of its homeless population, and came up with the result of "24" being its total. That's right - according to the city's census, there are only 24 homeless people in all of Chicago. This is offensive on many fronts, one of which is because City Hall conducted the census under the pretense of assisting those people who are homeless into getting housing, etc. How can they be helped, if city officials are pretending that they do not exist? Homeless people are still people. Are the city officials embarrassed by the fact that homeless people exist, or are they ashamed of the fact that so little is done to help them?

Current Music: The End of Despair - Suneohair

Labels: , , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:14 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

a) and you helped me move! very productive

b) SO JEALOUS! I didn't get to see ANY meteors since Sunday was so freakin busy and Saturday and Monday it rained like hell. GRARRRRH!

c) I know many constellations. Take me with next time, I will point them out. On second thought, drive with me out to Pine Bluff. You can see the Milky Way from there... it's only 30 min out of town, too.

By Blogger Tas, at 2:19 PM, August 14, 2007  

Post a Comment