wAug 27, 2007


Everything and its mom

Today has been one of the coolest days I can remember in a long time, and I think that it's because I had no specific place to be all day long, be it a social obligation or work or whatever. It was amazing.

Reunion!
But other things happened before today. On Saturday, there was a Family Reunion for my dad's side of the family. My parents live in town with almost all of my maternal cousins, so I get to see them a lot. The only person from my dad's side who I get to see regularly is his sister (my grandparents have all died - most of them before I was born). So, it was nice to see so many people, including those I've never met before. I think there were about 100 people at this reunion, and my dad had a good time. There's a definite difference between my mom and dad's relatives - whereas my mom's family would be making sarcastic jokes and not talk too seriously unless there's good gossip, my dad's family will smile shyly at one another and leave huge gaps in conversation, and will converse on anything from farming to politics to family lore. I took a lot of pictures, which will eventually find their way to Facebook, and possibly this blog. My navigation skills are awesome! I made it there and back all by myself!

Sunday
Tomorrow, Antoine and I will have reached our one-year anniversary of dating (WTF, I know). Since he has a real job, we really only have time to have a good dinner tomorrow, so on Sunday we went out for brunch at Mickie's Dairy Bar (holy crap, so good!!) and then went to the Olbrich Botanical Gardens, which were beautiful. There is a royal Thai pavilion, and it was gorgeous. But, I got to go on a date with Antoine, and he is cute and I like him. :) Also, neither of us had ever been to the Dairy Bar or the Gardens, so it was nice.

Today
I accomplished much today, especially considering how much I sat around and enjoyed the non-structure. I obtained a street parking pass and a new bus pass. I purchased folders and notebooks for the upcoming semester, and bought one needed book at Half-Price Books, and 8 more online at abebooks.com (A nice site, and sometimes cheaper than Amazon!). Oooh! At Half-Price Books, I also bought a computer game of Avatar: The Last Airbender for $3.98. Bwaha!

I also actually got to make three full meals, PLUS I successfully made egg drop soup for the first time! One of my resolutions for the New Year was to learn how to cook more things, so that's a plus. Also, it actually looks and tastes like egg drop soup! Woot!

I've been able to read manga and watch a little anime, too. I'm working on reading Naruto and Nausicaa, and catching up on Romeo x Juliet and NANA. My favorites of these four are far and away Nausicaa and NANA. I feel like RxJ has been lame lately, which sucks because it had so much potential! I hate when anime ends up laming out. I'll stick with it, buuut....man.

Oh yeah! One of the coolest parts today was going through this thick manga catalog that I had purchased in Mitsuwa a few weeks ago because of a nice Final Fantasy Tactics illustration on the back cover that I wanted to put on my wall. The catalog only cost $1, so it was worth it to me. Little did I know how much awesomeness was inside! There is a page of Pirates of the Caribbean dojinshi!! Also, there was a neato poster and a few pages of manga about some random characters I don't recognize that look neat and might inspire writing. Best of all, one manga had a number of pictures of a character who looks exactly how I imagine Gali, a character in my Ghost Hunters story. You know, if she was an anime character. Now I need to figure out where to put all these pictures.....maybe I can make the creepy little nook in my room into a collage of pictures to inspire writing, and I can go and sit in there and write things.

Feeling relaxed and creative are two things I haven't felt in a while. I am not exhausted! Taking this week off was a good idea. I hope this semester doesn't suck too much, and I can't hang on to this. It's sad, because this summer while I worked 40 hours a week, I always felt too exhausted to write. But during the school year, especially fall, I always get the itch to write. But if this is my last year of school, does that mean I'll lose it forever? I already barely write as it is. I hope I don't! That would be sad.

Current Music: idea - eunfonius

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:46 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment