wAug 19, 2007


don't watch it happen again / gotta change rearrange

Well, I guess that I should probably blog now before I fall asleep outside of my covers with my laptop on for like the eighth night in a row. Not a whole lot happened this weekend. It was Anime Club's August Showing on both Saturday and Sunday, and the theme was American cartoons, which meant that I saw a crapload of stuff. Some of it I didn't care for, either, so I also got lots of reading done.

It's been raining for a few days straight now. It is partly nice, as it had been so dry here, but I imagine that I'll find it extremely annoying tomorrow when I'm standing at bus stops.

Wow. I just realized that this is my last full week of work. I already requested off for next week so that I have time to take a deep breath (and hunt down the cheapest locales for all my needed books) before the semester starts. My classes for this semester look like they'll be pretty sweet.

For my last science class at this University, I'll be taking Women's Studies 103: Women's Bodies, Health & Disease.
For my Political Science stuff, I'm taking a Comparative Study of Genocide. I'm expecting it to be a bit of a downer.
British Literature from 1750-present (required for the major). Reading list includes Pride & Prejudice (!!!!). Although, I have to read another freaking Charles Dickens book for this class. I HATE CHARLES DICKENS. TERRIBLE.
Lastly, "A Theme in Medieval Lit: Women in the Medieval World." Reading lists includes Tristan & Isolde, Arthurian Romances, and Beowulf. BEOWULF!! Sweet.

Also, without trying, my class schedule shook out so that I have no class on Fridays! Right now, I'm signed up to work 8-5 Fridays. Since Fridays are pretty dead at the Capitol, I'm hoping that this will mean that I get homework done before the weekend starts. That would be pretty sweet.

Anyway. I should probably sleep now. Or something. I have one disc left in the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it is a pretty sweet show. I intend to write a more elaborate post about it at some point.

Current Music: Hope on Fire = Vienna Teng

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:31 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

OMG! I just read Pride and Prejudice a few days ago!! AND watched the BBC movie of it (which you've probably seen... but if you HAVEN'T... DO IT.)

Buffy? I'll be in Madisonia for the next week. Gimme a jingle.

-G

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM, August 20, 2007  

OMG YEAH, the BBC one is good! I also like the Kiera Knightley one, but I'm easy to please like that, :D

Yeah, Buffy! I was meaning to call you about that. I think that I should have the last DVD on Friday. I need to figure out when the hell Antoine and I are doing anniversary-celebrating. I will call or Facebook you!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 11:16 PM, August 20, 2007  

LOLS I am also taking WS 103. ^.^

By Blogger Tas, at 11:52 AM, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment