wJul 7, 2007


It's supposed to get up to 91 today. I look forward to my mother's mood.

I'm really sorry that my updating has been so sporadic. I hate it when blogs that I read don't update frequently. It's like reading a book and being forced to wait for more. Really, it's just that I have been so exhausted after work lately, and have hung out with people socially for literally the last...8 days? Possibly more.

Since I know you're all waiting with bated breath to see what I spent my BookMooch points on, I'll tell you!
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
Persuasion, Jane Austen (I think this is the only one I don't own by her?)
White Teeth, Zadie Smith

The rest of my points, I'll try to sit on and wait for manga to be offered up. Two volumes of Fruits Basket were put up last night while I slept. Woe is me.

I finally finished reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson yesterday. I don't know why it took me so freaking long to finish it. I love the way the man writes; I love his characters; I love his ideas. But for some reason, it just felt like I was walking through a blizzard without being able to see where I was going. I do blame school for some of it - I had started it in January, and got interrupted by my classes. Once summer started, I kept stalling the reading of this book in favor of manga. Anyway, it's done; I'm happy, and I'm already a third of the way through Howl's Moving Castle.

I brought my Howl's Moving Castle DVD to work on Thursday, and my co-workers enjoyed it very much. I'll teach them to judge my geeky pastimes!

I feel bad because I could have hung out with Antoine and friends last night, but instead I came home around 9:00 so that I could clean. And I didn't even finish my room! My parents, sister, brother-in-law, nieces, and nephew are coming down to visit sometime later this morning, so I should probably take a shower and finish tidying up.

There was a nice editorial by the Appleton Post-Crescent yesterday about the state health care plan proposed by Senate Democrats.

Eventually, I will hopefully be able to get over to the Sundance Theatre here in Madison, and see Paprika. It's from the same team (led by Satoshi Kon) who made the movies Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, and the series Paranoia Agent, which has aired on Cartoon Network. It's about a woman who is a psychologist who is able to enter the dreams of her patients as a way to help them. It looks amazing.

Ahh, I am so excited for today. We're going to go to the Farmers Market and I'm going to show my family around inside the Capitol. We're also going to go to Trader Joe's, and eat dinner at Ella's Deli. A lot of what I did last weekend, hehe....although my sister's children tend to make everything a unique experience, :)

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 7:54 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment