wJun 4, 2007


what are they gonna do when the rivers overrun / other than tremble incessantly?

So, I knew everything that was going to happen in the season finale of Heroes, but you can bet your ass that it still made me cry. I think the only character I loved all the way throughout the season was Mohinder (yeah, yeah, I know; I don't know why). Claire won me over, and I also like Molly a lot. Hiro got kind of boring to watch.

There was a lot of work being done by the Madison power company outside of Bleakhouse Books today due to a damaged telephone pole. The office didn't have any power, and thus I was sent home. It was a most unexpected day to myself, and I believe that I used it for good. I walked 2 miles from Bleakhouse to Memorial Union (with a stop at the library to procure *more* manga, of course) to try and reserve a room for Anime Club's June showing. I bought the (very) few groceries I needed, bought some other things like shampoo, and stopped at the post office. I watched the first DVD of Buffy, season 1, and the last 5 episodes of Heroes (once I started, I couldn't stop!). So, yay TV, I guess?

It was nice to just do whatever I wanted all day long, but at the same time I was very aware that I was alone all day long. If it was last summer, I would have called Ryan, Jennifer, Kristy, Chad, and Dave, and done something. Even this past weekend when I was home, I saw friends who I haven't seen in a long time and miss a great deal, as well as my family. When I'm done with college, I don't think that I want to live in the same city as my parents do, but how infrequently will I see them? How infrequently will I see my friends? These are things I don't want to think about. Sometimes I feel like my entire first year at college was done on auto-pilot because I was freaking out over the long-term. Losing people who are close to me, even if it's just for a while, or "just because we grew apart," kills me. Even moreso if it happens maliciously, which has happened to me more than I would care for it to.

Well, maybe I should angst a little more! Or not. Buffy is good. I've watched quite a bit of it in the past. When I was in middle school and watched the WB (I loved Dawson's Creek - yes, that's right - and Felicity), I caught Buffy occasionally, although I didn't make too much of an effort to watch it every week. I haven't figured out yet what season the episodes I've seen come from...I guess I'll find out. Can I just say this? I love Buffy/Angel. :D

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:47 PM
5 comments
5 Comments:

I might add that the first season of the Angel spin-off was amazing, and after that it went that every other episode was good, and so on down the line to "not something I care to see." Either way, David Boreanaz is one of the only celebrities I've ever crushed on.

By Blogger Steph, at 2:42 AM, June 05, 2007  

Huh. I didn't watch the first 3 seasons of Buffy very carefully due to inconsistent library acquisitions, but I always found Angel kinda boring except when he was being an asshole. But! I have seasons 4, 5, 6 if you want to borrow them from me- they are great.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 10:41 AM, June 05, 2007  

Yeah, the Angel-attraction may or may not be entirely based on....looks? Charisma? Both? From what I've heard from various fans, I have a feeling that once Spike appears, I will like him muchly. We'll see.

G - good to know about seasons 4-6! Once I get through season 3, I might take you up on that! Also, I'm glad I got to see you today, even though you were working!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 8:01 PM, June 05, 2007  

i didn't like early spike, but late spike was pretty great. i should be watching these w/ you.

By Blogger Steph, at 10:22 PM, June 05, 2007  

I agree with Steph- Spike gets interesting in season 4, and stays pretty cool up throuh most of season 5 and then I hate him for a while but I like him again at the end.

Yay!! I'm glad you visited me today, too- sorry I couldn't chat with you longer! You should invite me over to watch Buffy sometime.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 1:02 AM, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment