wJun 23, 2007


she swears the moon don't hang quite as high as it used to

I know, I sucked at blogging this week. Mostly, it's because I have been experiencing a constant state of nausea since last week Friday. All day, every day, no other symptoms. And no, readers, I am not pregnant (my co-workers, sister, and brother-in-law have already been sure to ask me). Yes, I am sure. Not that it's anyone's business, but unless I'm carrying the Second Coming of Christ in my womb, I am not pregnant.
Just feeling about to throw up, all the time. Antoine has convinced me to call UHS tomorrow, though, and at least talk with the people over the phone.

Speaking of this sickness and the "pregnancy" people thought I had - they referred to it as a possible "immaculate conception." NOES. It is a common misconception (bwah, a pun!), but the immaculate conception does NOT refer to the virgin birth of Jesus. Immaculate Conception refers to the idea that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin (according to Catholic theology). The idea of Jesus being born from a virgin is simply referred to as a virgin birth, so far as I know. So! Be aware!

This Thursday was similar to the last few Thursdays in that after work, I went out with co-workers for drinks. I still like beer, and also like margaritas, although I'm pretty much drunk after 1.5 of them. I haven't sampled much else in the way of alcohol, although I tasted gin, and it was a magical experience. Must try it again. My friends assure me that alcohol is a magical world, and any time I am unsure, I should just drink more. Luckily, thus far I've managed to not drink to excess, and have had generally pleasant experiences.

I need to read more. I have all of these books that I want to get through this summer. It's turning out to be a pretty excellent summer thus far. I'm excited for next Tuesday - the Senate will take up the budget in session. Nobody leaves until the budget is done. Last time, two years ago, they were in there for 23 hours. I am bringing a 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew, a toothbrush, and a change of clothes, and am hoping for the best. Most of my co-workers are apprehensive, but my mentality is very much OMG SLEEPOVER IN THE CAPITOL! Except, you know, no sleeping and I intend to go to work the next morning (I could definitely not go in and my boss wouldn't care....BUT I LIKE MONEY).

Antoine missed the 6:00 bus from work today, so I drove out to Verona to get him (yes, I am tooting my own horn; I am a nice girlfriend!). In doing so, I got to drive through hills and farmland and greenery. I guess that I don't think about it too much, but I spend a ton of time in the city now, and I really miss being so close to countryside. My parents are Up North this weekend, and I wish that I could be with them. Being Up North probably contained some of the best memories of childhood - going out for the most excellent meals with my parents and other relatives, swimming in the lake, walking in the woods, the drive up there through woods and stops at antique stores, and lounging in hammocks, the pontoon boat, couches, and beds reading through the stacks of books Mom and I had hoarded from the library. I need to start planning my life a bit more in advance than I already do, and maybe I can make it up there more than once this summer. That would be awesome.


Current Music: 3am - Matchbox Twenty

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 12:39 AM
3 comments
3 Comments:

Your proclamations do not rule out the possibility of the anti-Christ festering in your womb, however.

By Blogger Steph, at 1:39 AM, June 23, 2007  

That's a pretty good point.

By Blogger Antoine, at 5:37 PM, June 23, 2007  

Remember that time we saw Serenity? That was badass.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 10:05 AM, June 24, 2007  

Post a Comment