wJun 5, 2007


My Debut

Bah. I only have 4 more Wiscon panels to write up, but I just can't bring myself to make a dent by doing one of them.

Overall, today was good. I worked the Joint-Finance Committee at work, which is much better at staving off boredom than the page room is.

SPEAKING OF JOINT-FINANCE. I promised a Wisconsin Eye debut, so here are some clips from last week! If you go here, you will find the archives. Search for 5.31.07's Joint Finance Executive Session. See me beginning at 2:12:32! See me come back at 2:13, in action handing out paper! See me at 2:27, when Dan talks to me and we decide what we would do if we ran the committee. Starting at 2:53, I hand out more paper and you can watch me from afar....UNTIL 2:53:52, WTFCLOSEUP! At 3:06:54, I return to my chair and chat with Isa. The life of a Senate page, I tell you what.

After work, I visited Gretchen at work (Room of One's Own), and sat on a bench and read my book. I then met Antoine for some Lao-Thai food at Vientianne Palace. We then decided that we were both tired, and went to our respective homes. I love spending time with him, but I also really appreciate the fact that we can respect one or the other is tired, and spend some time alone (except, you know, when I fall asleep on his couch and he tells me it's time to leave and I spend 20 minutes whining about how he is so mean, even though he's only doing it because I told him to make me leave as I have a lot of homework to do, etc.).

It's so weird. I finally don't have school to worry about all day long, every day, but now that my brain isn't pushed to the breaking point every day, I feel insufferably bored. I really should just read a lot more, instead of sitting on the computer all the time. In fact, I think I'll go do that now. Some of the girls at work and I decided to make a Harry Potter reading group to get through books 5 and 6 before book 7 is released so that we'll have something to talk about. I bring at least 3 books to work every day so that I can rotate around for all 9 hours that I'm there (I get bored easily; also, coming off of 5 literature classes at the same time, it's unfathomable to me to just be reading one book at a time), but today I wondered out loud why everybody else is always doing crossword puzzles and Sudoku. I hope everyone else reads it! Otherwise I'm going to get sucked into Harry Potter and have no pace set for me, and will forgo all the other wonderful books that are waiting for me in piles around my room.


Current Music: Dead on Arrival - Fall Out Boy

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 10:30 PM
5 comments
5 Comments:

you look so important in your job, jackie...i'm proud!

By Blogger Jenny, at 6:29 AM, June 06, 2007  

lols! I was telling Gordon about it, and said, "Okay, I don't come in until an hour after it starts...." and he said, "So that means you're important, right?" lol.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:35 AM, June 06, 2007  

Nice, the close up is funny. I agree with Jenny, you look important. Did you watch the whole thing to find where you showed up?

By Blogger Dave, at 9:51 AM, June 06, 2007  

lols, Jackies are talking in the senate!

By Blogger Steph, at 1:19 PM, June 06, 2007  

Wellllll, I clicked through it. Luckily, since I was actually there, I knew how long certain senators blathered on and could skip through it until the camera-view would change.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 8:14 PM, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment