wJun 13, 2007


The first three paragraphs are for reals.

So, I've only had time to watch the first episode of Buffy, season 2 so far, but I must say that it was like, "Hey, let's make our characters 3-D!" They fleshed out like bam, and the dialog and general TV-ness just flowed so much better.

I keep waking up at 5am and not being able to fall asleep again (my alarm goes off at 6). It's exceedingly annoying, and I'm so exhausted I feel like I could die. I feel like maybe my fans are too loud, and are keeping me awake? But it's so hot up here, that if I turned them off, I might die. I'll move stuff around tonight and see if I can fix it.

You know, if I'm still alive. Today was a Clean Air Action Day in Madison, which means that there was high-level concentrations of ground-level ozone. Buses were free, you weren't supposed to mow the lawn, etc.

But apparently, some people didn't listen to this, and chose to fill up their gas tanks because prices have been taking a nose-dive. I don't know what exactly it was in the air, but the combination of Clean Air Action Day and the close proximity of my house to Resurrection Cemetery meant that today was the day for the Zombie Uprising. It sounds so silly to write it, and Antoine and I always laughed every time we drove past Resurrection Cemetery, because seriously, who names a cemetery that?
Steph and I used to laugh at the Facebook group "Zombie-Defense Initiative," which regularly sends its members emails advising them how to prepare in the event of an actual zombie attack.

Well, it's really freaking funny now, isn't it? I don't even know how many people are dead (undead, I guess) because the local TV stations were one of the first things to go. One of my only sources of comfort is the Madison LiveJournal group. People are posting advice on how to protect themselves, figuring out who is nearby one another, and trying to glean what's going on, and who has been taken.

I've brought up all of the non-perishable food I own to my floor here, at the top of the house. I also filled a few buckets of water, and am hoping that my fondue pot will boil water and I have enough to survive. It's better not to think about what I'm doing to relieve myself. I've barricaded the stairs with Chad's furniture, which was left here during the summer while he's back home, working for the Packers. I wonder how far this thing has spread. I wonder if my friends outside Madison are still alive. I wonder if my family is. I know that Antoine is okay - we have been communicating online, but he's been MIA for about an hour or so. I'm pretty worried about that, but I'm not about to try and walk the ten blocks from my place to his. If he's already gone, then there's nothing I can do about it, and if I try to get there, then I would just cause him to lose me.

The obvious answer is to use my cell phone and see what's going on, but the towers have been taken down. Apparently, zombies are a little smarter than they are in the movies, and can remember what things are necessary for a civilization to stay in contact with one another.

For the first time in my life, I wish I owned a gun. I always thought that pepper spray would be enough, but against a zombie, I know it's going to do jack-shit.

Blog posts will continue so long as I'm alive. But you didn't really have any doubts about that, did you?


Current Music: It's the End of the World (As We Know It) - R.E.M.


Blog like it's the end of the world.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 9:40 PM
4 comments
4 Comments:

One of the things that is really making this horrific for some people is the thought that most of the people with a lot of guns are Republicans and NRA members. Imagine a world populated only by the living dead and people who voted for George Bush.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM, June 13, 2007  

At least that way my dad, as well as many friends and extended family, would still be alive.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 6:48 AM, June 14, 2007  

Hombre! If only I had known about this zombie blog day I could have made a killer entry from Madrid.

By Blogger Jenny, at 10:58 AM, June 15, 2007  

I was chased by a zombie last night...must have forgot that his undead time came to an end...

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:20 AM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment