wJun 18, 2007


...and I've never been so alive.

What the hell, I'm already up late, so I might as well write in my blog, right?

Today was all right. Despite this weekend's weak stomach, and I guess overall weakness, I had a better disposition. This is due in part to the fact that I had my internship today, which is always a lot of fun. I am so lucky this summer, especially compared to last summer. I love both my job and my internship, every single day. Last summer, once in a while, I liked my internship, and I liked the few afternoons when I got to watch Danny, and that was it (aside from time spent with friends/family, of courses). I do miss my family a lot. I miss stopping by Olivia's soccer games, and now this summer Dylan is playing, too. I miss renting Studio Ghibli movies and cackling because they like them so much. I miss relying on Mom's cooking, and watching the news with Dad and arguing about politics. It's weird to think that I'll only live with them again during Christmas break. Or, who knows, maybe life will fall apart after I graduate and I'll move back in with them. It's my goal not to do so, but you never really know with life, do you?

Well, that was a tangent. My cousin (cousin's daughter; whatever) Molly was driving through Madison today, on her way from Milwaukee to Iowa. We met for dinner and ice cream, and it was nice. I guess that I really do miss that about being home with my parents - seeing friends and family who I'm used to seeing this time of year. Instead, it seems like I'm endlessly catching buses, trying to get to bed on time, and trying to remember to win at life by doing necessary things like laundry and buying groceries (neither of which happened today!).

If anyone is interested, there is a showing in Madison this weekend of the movie Serenity. I intend to attend, as does Antoine. Proceeds for the showings, which are taking place in multiple cities on Saturday, Joss Whedon's birthday, benefit Equality Now, which "works to end violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world through the mobilization of public pressure." Specific information on the Madison showing can be found here. Wiscon Madison friends, are you going? Or Gretchen, Kristen? I have a car, although one seat will be taken by Antoine. Three more are open! Or we could plan to meet there and freak out. Or something.

Lastly....OMG I started rewatching Honey & Clover tonight. IT IS SO GOOD. That is all.

Current Music: Motorcycle Drive By - Third Eye Blind

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:26 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Yes!! I'm going!! I'm free after 2pm! we'll coordinate rides! Also, sometime if you're downtown you should check out my lovely rainbow-ey display at Room. It's my fault that it's so pretty.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 12:24 AM, June 19, 2007  

OMG YAY! I am downtown sometimes, but haven't had a chance to see your display yet, except from the window of the bus. But I saw your note on Facebook, and I want to check out your YA section and make lists because I'm trying to not buy books at full price....MUST.....RESIST.....or, you know, give in. :D

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 10:32 PM, June 19, 2007  

Post a Comment