|wApr 11, 2007|
Yes, I would like some cheese with this whine.
Can I please tell you how stressed out I am? Yes?
1) I don't even know what classes I signed up for last night for next semester, and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
2) There is SO MUCH going on this weekend that I want to do, and there isn't enough time to do any of it.
First of all, there is the Wisconsin Film Festival, but pretty much everything I want to see conflicts with something else. Like:
2.1) The film "Heart of an Empire" is on Thursday night at 9:30pm. To get home, I'd need my car, and I can't have my car, 'cause I'll be on campus all day. Thus, I can't go.
2.2) I'd like to go to this all-ages Drag Show that is at my friend Gretchen's co-op coffee shop-inside-a-bookstore. I've never been to one before, she would be ecstatic if I went, and Steph wants to go.
2.2.a) This drag show is at the same time as another movie I want to see, called "King Corn." This movie ALSO shows on Saturday, but its showing time on Saturday is during another film I'd like to see - the Animated Shorts one. I've basically decided to skip the Animated Shorts film.
2.3) There are two Cardinal parties that I'd like to stop by. One is a soap opera-themed party, where we are encouraged to slap one another, hurl franzia at one another, and reveal Dark Secrets about our families throughout the night. That's Friday night. The other one is on Saturday, and doesn't have a theme, but still promises to be cool.
2.4) Of course, there is still Anime Club this Saturday. Luckily, I'm not interested in this week's movie, so I'll be there 5:30ish-pm until 8pm.
2.5) I want to see the movie "Linda, Linda, Linda." Luckily, this one is Sunday afternoon and doesn't conflict with anything.
2.6) I have to lector at mass on Sunday.
2.7) I should probably study for Monday's Shakespeare exam somehow in the midst of all this. Or, you know, at least start/finish Antony & Cleopatra.
3) The freaking SLUSHICE keeps falling. On the roof. The thin roof. That is right next to my head when I lie in my bed.
4) I have two papers I should be working on, but have no time in which to do so.
5) Today was a flurry of class, work, meeting, and shoveling endless disgustingly wet snow which made me very sore.
6) I've been going to meetings about using University space during Halloween. Halloween in Madison means people get drunk and riot on State Street. Since the city can't control the problem, the University feels the need to ban registered student organizations (like Anime Club) from using its classrooms on Saturday nights. Last year, we didn't get wind of the rule-changes until one week before the event, and chaos ensued. I get really riled up for these meetings, so it's a little emotionally draining. Why can't I fight for something that matters? I don't know.
7) I'm trying to figure out what to do this summer. I know I'll be working as a Senate Page part-time, but aside from that - should I get more experience doing something else? I want to apply for an internship with Democratic Assembly members, but I'm afraid that my experience with a Republican Congressman/Gubernatorial candidate will not be okay.
8) Going along with that, I really need to update my resume.
9) The state senators are sending out mailing about SeniorCare. Mailings involving placing-on-of-stickers on about 50,000 postcards. So I haven't been getting homework done at work, and now I'm behind.
10) I definitely should have done laundry today, but I didn't really have time. I won't tomorrow, either.
Kurt Vonnegut died today, and damn it all if I haven't read a thing by him yet. I would probably like him, too.
11) I should have been sleeping at 10pm, but it's now almost midnight and I don't feel tired at all.11:59 PM
true, I WOULD be ecstatic if you came to the drag show. I'm wearing a uniform- you'll miss it otherwise!!! I, too, need to seriously catch up with Tony & Cleo.
I will be at the drag show! Steph is coming too. I don't think either of us will be able to convince our boyfriends to accompany us, though, lol.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That would have been soooo much fun! But yeah, the motto. You guys have fun. And whore, not to be a whore, but when you turn 21, are you inviting people to chug with you because I totally want to go to mad town for that.
|Posts Sorted by Tags|
Purpose of This Blog
|wI'm all over the Internet|
Most of the comment-conversation takes place over at the LiveJournal version of this blog. Plus, all of my cute and/or heinous icons are there.
|wThe Good Stuff|
|wFF7 Is Cooler Than You|