wApr 25, 2007


Send the lost promises to the stars

If anyone has suggestions about my computer virus situation, let me know. The file name is "mljklki.dll" and it is in the SYSTEMS 32 file of my Windows folder. It makes icons appear on my desktop that say things like "Play Video Games!" or "Clean up your computer!" As if on a timer, I periodically get pop-ups in Internet Explorer (not my default web browser), and some other pop-up warnings that aren't in a web browser. Symantec Anti-Virus can't quarantine it, and Spy-Bot can't fix it.

I had wanted to get lots of things done tonight, but I ended up spending time with friends instead. It was really nice, and I'm glad I did it. I forget how much Steph and I used to talk about everything ever when we lived together in the dorm, and I miss it. Having my own room is nice, too.

We all were talking about the future, though, and I felt a bit nervous because I have no real plan yet. Talking to Antoine made me feel a lot better, though. I do have a kickass resume, and I think that I can make it even better this summer. I don't know what I want to do with my entire life, but until I figure the entire picture I can keep doing what I'm good at, and continue on the path I've found for myself. As a Senate Messenger, I am disallowed from working in a partisan (elected) office even as a unpaid intern - unless I can do it for educational credit. So, I think my next goal is going to be to make sure I can get the credit (technically the same 'class' I took last summer, but a completely different internship), and then apply. If it doesn't pan out, it'll still be okay. No matter what, I'll be a Messenger throughout the summer and next school year. I would like to add more volunteer work to my life. I miss it, and I kind of feel unfulfilled as a person unless I'm giving my time to people who can benefit from it. I'll start during the summer, and hopefully continue during the school year, in some capacity or another.

Anyway, enough of dreams for now. Tonight, I worked on my resume a bit, and that's good for now. Now, I need to get through finals and things will be all right.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:44 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Two things to try:

Do you have ZoneAlarm? It's a free ad-aware sort've system, it keeps VERY tight tabs on what goes into and comes out of your system.

Also, when your computer boots up right away there should be an option to boot in safe mode (if you don't see it, it should say something like hit F12 or F2 for boot menu or some such like that; hit which ever key compulsively until you get the choice) (there might be more precise directions on how to run in safe mode on line. Try doing virus and ad scans in safe mode--it is able to take a step back and look at your operating system instead of just at what's on the surface.

Good luck!

Always,
KMJ

By Blogger Tas, at 6:57 AM, April 26, 2007  

Does Symantec actually identify it as a virus?

If it does and it still can't remove it then they probably have a tool on their website (http://www.symantec.com/index.jsp) to remove it or at least steps on how to do it yourself. Some viruses can't be automatically removed and need you to do several steps before running a tool.

That sucks though, it would drive me crazy.

By Blogger Dave, at 10:06 PM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment