wMar 4, 2007


it is cold.

Firstly, tonight's episode of Battlestar Galactica? Well....thoughts are at the LiveJournal.

The Departed (no spoilers)
I watched this last night with my mom, Julie (sister), Kevin (bro-in-law), Ryan, and Chad, which is a hilarious combination for any movie. This movie certainly brought the star power: Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson - and all of them were awesome. Seriously, though I thought that Leonardo DiCaprio was fricking amazing - in our generation, I think most people view him as a teen heartthrob who starred in "Titanic," but he is really a fantastic actor. Go him! I also really thought that Martin Sheen was excellent, but I'm probably extremely partial to him because of his role as the president on my favorite TV show, "The West Wing."
My mom was dismayed by the copious use of the "eff" word (IMDB.com says it was used 237 times!) and the violence, whereas Ryan and I found the profanity and the violence to be "badass." I think Chad liked it, and I think my sister liked it well enough - she kept figuring plot points out aloud as the movie progressed.
If you can't stand violence/profanity, I would say (1: get over it, you're missing lots of good movies!) don't see "The Departed." If you're okay with it, then please see this excellent movie.

BookMooch
So, one year for my birthday or Christmas, one of my high school friends got me this book as a joke. "Silver's Spells for LOVE" by Silver RavenWolf, a Wiccan Priestess.
Over the weekend, I added over 20 books to my BookMooch inventory, and this book was one of them. Someone mooched it almost immediately and then promptly friended me. The person who wants to friend me has over 140 books on her book wishlist, all about Wicca or vampires.
I'm never sure to handle situations like this over the internet. Do I send them a notice saying, "I'm actually a practicing Catholic and I don't believe in Wicca"? Or is that rude? I guess that's what happens when you seek out friends based on one single criterion.

Labels: ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:36 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Leo is hot. Sexy hot. and he can act on top of that, what more can you as for? Oh, and he's also involving himself with good causes like bringing awareness about the environment and making movies that deal with serious issues like conflict diamonds - like you said, go him!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM, March 04, 2007  

Lols, Jackie with Wiccan love spells.

By Blogger Steph, at 3:22 PM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment