wFeb 3, 2007


...and the Ugly

Yesterday was a really weird mix of good and bad. I'll start with the bad first, with the preface that I usually don't like talking about work/internships (aside from ShopKo, :P) in my blog for obvious reasons. I don't think it's very professional, and it's a really stupid thing to do, especially if you get mad for some reason.

The Bad
With that said, I think it's okay to make this statement without treading anywhere I shouldn't: I didn't get the internship I've been trying to get for the last 2 months. The office simply doesn't have enough space right now. The person I was in contact with gave me other prospective ideas that they would help me with, which is good.
Still, I was understandably upset and angsted about it for a while last night.

The Good
Gretchen and I watched "Julius Caesar" yesterday afternoon after class, and ate delicious curry from the SukoThai cart. Marlon Brando was superb as Marc Antony. Watching him was pretty much my favorite part. Watching Shakespeare movies with Gretchen is good because we can fast-forward the boring parts and giggle about it.
Antoine had me over for dinner, and watched some Battlestar Galactica. He went out with some friends to see a band, and I went back home.
Chad, Paul, and I played some Civilization IV on Chad's computer - something we used to do a lot last year when we would go on a trek away from the dorms for Chad's apartment. That game is SO ADDICTING. Wow.

Anyway. So, for now I'm just going to focus on the good for a few days, and I think I'll decide tomorrow what to try and do next in terms of internships/jobs. It'll be okay. I hadn't realized how much I was counting on it, I guess, until the opportunity was denied me.

At least I have things to look forward to. I am very much looking forward to Anime Club this evening - I'll be with friends if I choose to be, but I can also just sit for a few hours and become absorbed in other things. I'm so spacey lately. I'm sorry these entires aren't more coherent.

Current Music: Waltz piano version - Honey & Clover OST

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 3:56 PM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment