wJan 21, 2007


In which I use exclamation points to the excess

I'm going to post now, even though I'll be posting again later with my Post of Doom Detailing Everything I watched/Read over This Break, *Cackle*. It will be a beautiful post indeed!

My Life
First of all, it's snowing again. It looks like there are at least 6 inches on the driveway! Snow isn't pretty any more when you know that you have to shovel it! At least Paul and Louise are here now. Chad should be coming some time today....or at least, I hope so - classes start tomorrow!

OMF, GUESS WHAT!! Paul got a keyboard for Christmas. It's electronic, but it has 88 keys (like a real piano!) and the keys are weighted so it FEELS like a real piano! You can plug headphones into it! You can make it sound like a harpsichord! And an organ! It has some famous songs programmed into its memory, and you can adjust the tempo and play along (it has my favorite Chopin Nocturne!). So, last evening was pretty hilarious because Paul and I kept having exchanges like this:
Me: OMG, you have this Chopin Waltz! I love this waltz!
Paul: The one that goes hmmmm-hm-hm-hmmm-hmmmmm?
Me: YES, THAT ONE!
Paul: I love that one!
Me: ME TOO!
So, Paul has lots of good stuff that I like to play, like Mozart and Chopin, and a little Beethoven (among other things). I am SO EXCITED for the next time I go home, because I bring all of my piano books back with me! We have it set up in the living room.

On Friday night, Antoine and I went out for dinner. People in Madison should try Pasqual's over on Monroe Street! It has excellent Mexican food! We then watched some Battlestar Galactica. I am so excited that he likes it! Heeheehee!

Yesterday, I was at The Daily Cardinal for a while. I did some training in the program "In-Design" because I'll be editing the Almanac page once a week. Unfortunately, it's on Thursday nights (The Office and Grey's Anatomy! Oh noes!), but I'm hoping that things won't be too bad. The content of my page is given to me by various other people, and all I have to do is layout. My plan is to stop in earlier in the day and work on it, and get it on the desk well before 6:00 pm. It's nice coming into this having previous copy editing experience...I'll know how to shuffle things through the copy desk! Then, Jack and I showed Louise and his sister Katie, our Archivist successors, how to lay out the bounds. With only 4 of us, it didn't take very long at all! Jack, Louise, and I went to Asian Kitchen for some General Tso's chicken, which was delicious. I'm having leftovers for lunch, :D

I didn't do very much last night, aside from watching some of my Cowboy Bebop DVDs. It's one of my favorite series of all time, and I've finally decided that refusing to watch some stray episodes I've missed (just because I don't want it to ever end!) is ridiculous. Also, I now have a DVD player in my room, so I've been making more use of my DVDs. I also had to make an emergency Louise-shuttle-run over to the 24-hour Walgreen's for some insulin. Apparently, people who package insulin kind of suck at life sometimes!

Anime Club
On a very geeky note, voting is almost over (we're having a sudden death run-off vote right now because 8 series won the vote and we only have time to preview 7) for Anime Club. The series we'll definitely be previewing are Ouran High School Host Club, Welcome to the NHK, Mai Hime, Mushishi, and Planetes. Of that list, I think Ouran Host Club will definitely win, and I'm glad. It's been a while since our Club had an outright comedy that everyone can enjoy, and it's nice when we have a variety. I'm also 90% certain that Mai Hime won't make it because of all of the fanservice in the 1st episode, which never really tests well at Club, particularly with female members. Out of the other 3? No idea. I'd like Planetes to win, but I can't say for sure how things will go.
Our sudden death vote is between Beck, Kino's Journey, and Basilisk. Of the 3, we'll preview 2. I'd like to see Beck and Kino's Journey, so I'll at least be half-happy no matter what happens, :D

I AM SO EXCITED FOR 9:00 PM TONIGHT - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, BWAHAHAHA! Such a good way to end a Sunday night - usually, Sunday is a pit of hell of endless homework, but now I'll have something to look forward to!

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:56 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment