wJan 14, 2007


I don't know if this post is coherent or not....

I haven't blogged in a while, so I will even though I feel like hell.

My mom's retirement party was on Thursday. We took over a small bar downtown and filled it with family and Mom's former co-workers (lots of nurses, a few doctors, and some people from pharmacy who work with my dad). It was an awesome time with nice people and good food. I really hope that when I retire....or even just throughout life in general, that I am as well-liked as my mom by co-workers and everyone else I encounter. I think I might be too cynical to achieve this, but oh well.

On Friday, I spent time with various friends and family, and also spent time getting things done, like cashing in jars full of change and taking my final stack of books back to the library (I was very sad for the ones that were still unread!). I came back to Madison yesterday. Luckily, the roads weren't scary at all while I was driving on the highway, but as soon as I hit Madison, there was an immediate change due to snow and frozen stuff on the roads. I passed a bunch of accidents on my way in. I got home and immediately shoveled snow and scrubbed down the bathroom, and then Antoine and I ordered pizza and spent the evening together, which was nice.

This morning, though, and all day long, I have felt absolutely horrible. My stomach aches and it keeps feeling like I'm going to throw up, but I haven't. My body feels sore all over, and I haven't eaten much. I also feel pretty weak..... :/ So, I didn't really do very much today. In very small chunks, I've managed to clean parts of my room (but still have lots to do, and lots to unpack). I'm really glad that I cleaned the bathroom yesterday, though, because taking a shower in it felt nice.

I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow....I had hoped to go out and get groceries, and purchase my books for classes, but we're supposed to get lots more snow tonight, and freezing stuff all over the roads again tomorrow, so I think I'll wait, :/ At least my room might get clean! If I don't feel sick any more...and I pray that I don't! This sucks!

Lastly.....the first episode of the anime Nodame Cantabile was released with subtitles, and I watched it. I'll have to watch a few more episodes before passing judgment, but I think that it might be a fun series to watch. If nothing else, the music is making me long to play the piano again.

Speaking of anime....they're making L.M. Montgomery's "Emily of New Moon" into an anime! Anime News Network with some information. I found it amusing, anyway.

Current Music: Sonata in D Major for 2 players, K 448, Allegro con Spirito - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Labels: , , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 11:54 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

Wow, I wrote a big comment, but Blogger ate it. Stupid Blogger. Anyway, DUDE, Emily of New Moon! I *loved* those books, probably even more than the Anne of Green Gables series. (Only because the latter dragged on too long at the end, though). I figured it must be a World Masterpiece Theatre production, but it appears NHK is doing it all on their own. I suppose WMT is still working on Les Mis. Which I also want to see very badly.

By Blogger nylorac15, at 9:37 PM, January 16, 2007  

I actually never read Emily of New Moon, although I did read Anne of Green Gables. I think my friend Jennifer read Emily of New Moon, but I could be wrong.

I am also SO EXCITED about the Les Miserables anime - I loved the book and the musical. I hope it's good!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 11:55 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment