wJan 9, 2007


!

SO. I was gone this weekend, obviously, in Madison. I bought lots of books at used bookstores, but all of the books were for classes I'm going to be taking this semester! I'm pretty excited for the classes I'm going to be taking, although a bit frightened because I don't know how I'm going to stay caught up with the readings. I highly doubt I'll be able to read anything outside of class this semester, :/
Right now I'm signed up for 5 classes: Shakespeare (we'll read 15 plays, 1600 and on), Fantasy & Science Fiction (!!!), English Novel: 19th Century, Topics in Dutch Lit Translation: Anne Frank (yes, a whole class on Anne Frank!), and 19th Century Scandinavian Fiction.
So my book list (which doesn't have all of the classes reporting in yet) contains: Watchmen (Alan Moore), Frankenstein, stuff by Ray Bradbury, Utopia by Thomas More, Gulliver's Travels, Lord of the Rings (!!!!), Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland, Great Expectations, "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen (and other stuff by him, Hans Christian Anderson, The Diary of Anne Frank, and of course badass plays like Hamlet, King Lear, and Macbeth.
Still, I'm a little scared. This is the first time since 8th grade that I'll have more than 4 classes at once. In high school, we had a block schedule, and only ever had 4 classes at a time. One of the classes is online, so we'll see.....
I'm also going to be having an internship during school for the first time. AND I'll be an editor at the Daily Cardinal one day a week, for the Almanac page. It will be an exciting semester, if nothing else.

How did I get so sidetracked??
Anyway! This weekend was really fun! I got to eat at Real Chili, which was as delicious as always, and at Perkin's. And I got to spend lots of time with Antoine, which was very nice, along with some other friends, too. :D

I was hella tired when I got home, though. Yesterday, I worked for a while, and then went to Chad's for the DVD-version of Clue with a group of friends. It was fun!

Anyway. I have lots of things I SHOULD be doing, but am somehow too lazy to do. Hopefully I'll rectify this somehow. I definitely need to write tonight, even if only a paragraph. I also think I'm going to a movie with a couple friends who I haven't seen in forever.

"Porco Rosso" was a really excellent film, but I'm too lazy to go into depth. If you want a review, search the internet for one!

Labels: , ,

scribbled mystickeeper at 3:47 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

You lucky DEVIL! you must tell me all about the sci fi and fantasy course. *drools prolongedly* awesomeness!

wow, you have all literature-y classes. sounds like fun.

see ya!

KMJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM, January 09, 2007  

Princess Tutu! I love that series so much!

By Blogger Oyceter, at 12:25 PM, January 12, 2007  

Kristen: Yes, I'm sure I'll be squee-ing about my reading all semester long!

Oyceter: Me too!! I think you made a post about it somewhere along the line, and that was part of what pushed me into checking it out. I can't wait to watch more!

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 3:33 PM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment